Self Defence

• 7 Replies

ches

• Experienced Member
Self Defence
« on: April 07, 2020, 09:35 »
A comically intended comment was made on our allotment whats app group today. One plot holder said hes going to start carrying a 2m long stick to ensure that people keep a 2m distance.

How would that stand in court, if you stab someone with a 2m long stick and claim it was self defence?

And discuss...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:39 by ches »
Ches

GraciesGran

Re: Self Defence
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 10:10 »
As long as you apologised nicely I'm sure it would be ok.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 10:29 »

How would that stand in court, if you stab someone with a 2m long stick and claim it was self defence?

And discuss...

What sort of stick can you stab people with?
That's called a spear and that's widely considered illegal to menace someone with those so you'd have a serious form to fill in with the police.

My knee is sore so I'm thinking of taking my walking staff out. It's called Henri, so he may become a prodding stick. But that's how you get onto You Tube or told to leave him at home.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 12:42 »
Corporal Jones, "They don't like it up 'em "     :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jezza

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 13:13 »
Hello he could be carrying a rake or a hoe  jezza

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 13:27 »
Personally I wouldn't touch this person with a very long barge pole. If they was stupid enough to run into a shop and ignore the 2 meter distance they wouldn't stand a chance.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 14:18 »
I wouldn't know what two metres looks like, but a sharp stick 6'8" long is perfect...

In France they want the stick to be 3'4", so add in the garlic, and you'll be far enough away for the British limit...

:0)

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 17:19 »
Hello he could be carrying a rake or a hoe  jezza

Why is he carrying it?
He'd have to have a good reason. If he's in with me the "I'm helping society by weeding" he's fine if the police pull up beside him. I take the 3 tine cultivator to the community garden and I have my response ready.

I was glad I had my Ho-Mi when I was there at the weekend. There was a scruffy man down there who was staring at the canker tool box and me a bit too intently. You don't get people that scruffy about here so having someone out of character for the area standing and watching me for far too long was unsettling. He left when I started working facing the gate and took out the Ho-Mi and started weeding.

The canker (tool) box has a knife in it so I was keen on him not getting in there.

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 46 queries.