lidl breadmaker

• 12 Replies

mrsbean

lidl breadmaker
« on: August 11, 2016, 00:36 »
Has anyone got a silver crest bread maker. Bought one 2yrs ago, try as i might i can not bake a good loaf in it. The recipe book is very basic and not good at telling you the quantities for different size loaves. I have a panasonic bread maker that is brill. I only use the silver crest for making cakes, which is a waste.Bought it as a standby in case my other packed in. If anyone has one, could you pass on your recipe. thanks

oldgrunge

Re: lidl breadmaker
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 22:02 »
Never used a bread maker, always found the loaves stodgy. Always made bread by hand, but now arthritis of the hands prevents this, and I use a mixer with a dough hook to knead, but still bake in the oven. If it's any help, there are lots of bread machine recipes on the web, on sites like Allinson's Baking Mad and All Recipes.
We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden.

chrissie B

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 08:35 »
Sorry never used one either , have you looked online at their web site for that product , i was looking for some coffee barrels for my son i emailed them and they got straigts back to me with the info .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 09:23 »
I've used one for about ten years for all the bread we eat. By far the best recipe is Hovis pre-mixed. Easy way out? Yes, but delicious bread which to me is the whole point of the exercise

grendel

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 12:10 »
I have one recipe for bread, whether using the bread maker or not, but I do use fresh yeast from sainsburys, that I have frozen into loaf size blocks in ice cube trays.
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

chrissie B

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 16:53 »
Thought you couldnt freeze yeast i also get freash from sainsburys and it says on the bag do not freeze mind the last bit i got looked a bit crumbly round the edges .
i think when you have a good recipe then why change it , i have one and we love it never fails me . Chrissy b.

grendel

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 19:22 »
mine is kept in the freezer, just plop a lump into the water - even months later and away it goes, It even goes straight into the breadmaker frozen.

grinling

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 20:31 »
lidl comes with a 3 year guarantee, so if you have the receipt you can take it back

mrsbean

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 20:44 »
Have checked web site, shows video but did,nt help. Looked for receipt, can not find. Have even used ready mixed. Will try more water and look for fresh yeast. Thanks for help.

Paul Plots

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 23:56 »
Dried yeast always works for me... measuring is more accurate that live yeast I think. It keeps a long time if placed in the fridge, economical and always at hand when I need it.

Bread machine - very easy and time efficient... reliable results for me but some machines do have better recipes than others. A recipe that suits one machine can be a disaster in another make of machine. Much depends on the length of each cycle.

Had you tried to find the bread maker's manual on-line? You might be lucky with this if not try a bit of trial and error. Never change more than one thing at a time whether it's a quantity or an ingredient just try one small change and see what the results are. Best of luck... keep trying.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

mrsbean

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 18:04 »
Have tried loads of different ways, my trusty one only has one paddle, this has two and it does not mix evenly always ends up wrapped around one. Have to open and spread it out. It does say you can take bread out at that stage and remove the paddles so it comes out better when baked. That defeats the object of having bread maker in the first place.  Thanks for help, will keep on trying.

snowdrops

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 21:07 »
I had the Lidl one with 2 paddles, replaced a carboot one that we bought  for a fiver. Worst thing I ever did, never could get it out of the tin when cooked. We ended up just mixing & proving, then rekneading by hand & baking it in the oven.  So I bought a kenwood chef it's been well worth it
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Paul Plots

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 12:49 »
Had a Morphy Richards machine for years - 1 paddle that, at end of last mix, reversed motor and folded paddle flat below the loaf. Worked well but after years pan needed replacing - it was cheaper to buy a new machine rather than risk - a new pan and then.... a worn out motor.

I prefer hand made bread but the machine is time efficient and does a great "quick" loaf - 55 minutes mixed, baked and ready to come out.

Not tried a Lidl machine but did notice they were for sale.... didn't need one at the time so took no action.

xx
Lidl's milk frother

Started by ghost61 on Kitchen Natter

1 Replies
Last post November 08, 2014, 19:39
by pigguns

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 34 queries.