Lottery Ticket Jack Pot!!

• 96 Replies

mike1987

• Experienced Member
Re: Lottery Ticket Jack Pot!!
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2010, 07:35 »
i buy 2 or 3 a week its one of my many vices but you can almost be certian that if i dont but one then my numbers will come up dont wory tho when i win the euro millions i will remember all of you :)

prakash_mib

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2010, 13:41 »
My paternal grandfather won and later lost an estate - ended up in a terrace in Stoke. Dad told me that he (my father) had a float of £250 that he bet each week and he used to win between £20 and £30 profit - whilst earning £20 a week which was a well paid job as an electrical engineer in those days - as he got tips from the stables and knew who was being pulled and who was going to be pushed.

Having been out in the Shetlands for a while with little else to do but play cards he became rather adept and used to take on 'card sharks' and win in the 50's. I've seen him shuffle a pack whilst looking me in the eye and then call each card dealt, before it came from the pack.

There is always one in the family.
My maternal great grandfather had 3 mile stretch of delta land (the land adjoining the river stretch) and he was on the riches community. Guess what he did!!! :lol:
the only good thing he did was to donate a patch of land on the other side of river to build school (because it was too small to gamble  :lol:). Atleast the school is still there till today.
One kid is handful. Two kids.... Example for chaos theory. Hats off to my mum who managed three...

Paul Plots

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2010, 20:40 »
I buy a £1 lottery ticket each week and that buys me some very pleasant daydreams  :) 

I guess my dreams last longer than yours - I buy around 6 tickets a year  :lol:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Spana

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2010, 21:00 »
I dont buy lottery tickets but I've got a few premium bonds that unable me to have the daydreams.   :)

Winning the big one must be as unlikely as the lottery and the prize is not as big but big enough  for dreams:D

Paul Plots

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2010, 22:51 »
I dont buy lottery tickets but I've got a few premium bonds that unable me to have the daydreams.   :)

Winning the big one must be as unlikely as the lottery and the prize is not as big but big enough  for dreams:D

I've had two PBs since I was a nipper - no idea if I've ever won.... If I have it'll be in £-s-d  ::)

elibump

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2010, 10:05 »

I've had two PBs since I was a nipper - no idea if I've ever won.... If I have it'll be in £-s-d  ::)

That should be a pretty weird dream then.  Dont try to do a superman will you though?

Eli xx
Talking to the microwave,I ask you wall, what is the world coming to?
Blesséd are the cracked for tis they who let in the light!

Spana

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2010, 09:43 »

You can check whos won each month on their website.  It tells you how many bonds each winner holds and very often one of the big prizes goes to someone with just a few bonds :happy: So we can dream on :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2010, 09:45 »

You can check whos won each month on their website.  It tells you how many bonds each winner holds and very often one of the big prizes goes to someone with just a few bonds :happy: So we can dream on :D

I'll keep dreaming while thinking about where on earth I may have put the bonds for safe keeping 45 years ago!  ::)

Spana

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2010, 09:52 »
I'll keep dreaming while thinking about where on earth I may have put the bonds for safe keeping 45 years ago!  ::)

You can get that sorted easy peasy :)  If you've had a change of address or lost the bonds just fill in a form and they will tell you if you have won at any time :)

You never know, it might have been the BIG ONE  :happy:

Paul Plots

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2010, 09:58 »

You can get that sorted easy peasy :)  If you've had a change of address or lost the bonds just fill in a form and they will tell you if you have won at any time :)

You never know, it might have been the BIG ONE  :happy:

I've heard that's possible but what would I do if there's a very large sum sat sitting there waiting to be collected  :ohmy: It could muck up all those years of planning and dreaming  :unsure: 

Fat chance! :lol:

Spana

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2010, 10:50 »

: It could muck up all those years of planning and dreaming  :unsure: 

Fat chance! :lol:

You just change what you dream about. :)
 I dream about having new fences or a new cattle barn or in my wildest dreams after living here for 10years, a new kitchen :lol: but thats a bit like you said above Learner, when i get the new kitchen the dream will be over and I'll have to start cleaning it :lol:

Jamie Butterworth

• Young Gardener at Chelsea Flower Show - 2014, 2015
  • BBC3 Young Gardener Of The Year 2011 - Finalist
    • Jamie Butterworth
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2010, 10:18 »
Someone from the Uk has just won £113 million in the euromillions :ohmy:
If you want to be happy for a short time - get drunk.

If you want to be happy for a long time - fall in love.

If you want to be happy forever - take up gardening!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2010, 10:21 »
Someone from the Uk has just won £113 million in the euromillions :ohmy:

What on earth could you do with that?

Anything you want, I suppose :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Jamie Butterworth

• Young Gardener at Chelsea Flower Show - 2014, 2015
  • BBC3 Young Gardener Of The Year 2011 - Finalist
    • Jamie Butterworth
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2010, 10:30 »
In my opinion,its too much money, if i was to win i wouldnt want anywhere near that much, probably about 10 or 20 would be far more than enough

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2010, 10:58 »
10 or 20 pounds...........or millions  :lol:

10 or 20 thousand would really change my life ;)

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 40 queries.