blood from vent and soft egg

• 1 Replies

jackieand glenn

blood from vent and soft egg
« on: September 04, 2011, 19:17 »
hi there, just came home to find one of my chooks bleeding from her vent. while i sent hubby in to get latex gloves and spray she laid a soft egg in my hand. egg in side was as it should be yolk etc but soft.
once she past it the bleeding stopped and she started eating and looked better.
chooks got all the grit and oster shell they want, layers pellets, corn at tea time and run free on grass only shut up at night.
I have noticed a few soft egg shells in coop this week but thought it was another chook that has never laid an egg in a year.
any idea why and will she continue to lay soft eggs. thank you all, brill site, dont no what i wold do without you

jill247

Re: blood from vent and soft egg
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 22:56 »
My hen also had a soft egg today. Even though they are getting all the right food this has happened to my hen before. As long as you check she is ok and happy again, they seem to go through a bad time to pass a soft egg my hen was all morning trying to pass it and I saw her going down and getting tired so i looked on the forum and saw some advise to put her in warm water and wash her bottom to relax the mucsels it will be easier for them to pass the soft egg. Then dry them with a hairdryer on warm temp not hot.  In this case it worked for my Ruby and very good advise on here hope your hen is ok.

xx
Blood from vent

Started by sneezer on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 07, 2011, 10:30
by bantam novice
xx
Poorly hen and Blood around Vent!

Started by Timbo47 on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post October 06, 2009, 18:34
by Timbo47
xx
loss of blood from vent

Started by dollybird on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 20, 2010, 09:31
by dollybird
xx
She has blood coming out of her vent

Started by rykneld38 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 05, 2009, 20:58
by rykneld38

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 38 queries.