Here's a good one for BP counters...

• 4 Replies

Growster...

Here's a good one for BP counters...
« on: March 12, 2020, 17:38 »
I was due to be in hospital today to have a blood pressure machine bolted on to me, for a 24 hour monitoring session. It's purely to establish a regime for new medication, nothing to get steamed up about!

No chance Pedro! I postponed that, and I wrote and explained to my doctor why, and she's all for me staying away, especially as I can continue my spreadsheet from last year for the same reason, and she can then see what my machine says (it's the same sort of monitor that she uses)! Lovely lady!

The hospital people are so good, they immediately re-made the appointment for late April, but the helpful letter from my GP will obviate that one as well! They really are doing their utmost at Tunbridge Wells, with all the extra issues around now, and full marks to them all for trying to keep their own local NHS going! I expect a big hug is out of the question as well, but I can wait...

(next reading is at 6:00pm, so it's shirts off again...)!

Goosegirl

Re: Here's a good one for BP counters...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 11:51 »
Growster, do you mind me asking if you have to have a chest wax before donning said monitor? If so, may I recommend a jolly good hard rub down with some 3-in 1 applied to an oily rag because that will help to lubricate your hair follicles. After waiting ten minutes or so, wipe it off with whatever source of alcohol you can find so the said area will feel like it's been anaesthetised so hopefully you'll feel no pain when the nice nursey arrives with a blunt razor especially if she's suitably attired. GG always tried to be helpful in these situations, but I'm afraid I can't be there to hold your hand. Just make sure you're lying the right way up on the table because you don't want a male bikini wax do you!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 14:53 »
Chest wax! Pah! I go the whole hog and use a neat preparation of paint stripper (Nitromors) and creosote! Much better than those namby-pamby mixtures which cost a fortune, and do very little!

The screams can be heard in the next village...

...but they're worth it...

wighty

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 19:44 »
Growster!  I take it you are 'hoarding' illegal substances in your shed as Nitromors has been banned for the last ten years and creosote for about the same amount of time!  We can buy Creosote but only in 25 L drums but would receive a large fine if we were found to have sold it to a member of the public, it has to be to a registered licence approved user only.  Plus it's about £70 a barrel.  :D

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 05:53 »
Wighty, I didn't mention the addition of Bordeaux Mixture and lye...

That starts to hurt a few hours later too!

xx
a few good men

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post May 07, 2018, 18:55
by Aunt Sally
clip
First good picking

Started by prakash_mib on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post June 26, 2020, 16:37
by al78
xx
Good fly sprays.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post July 31, 2018, 14:40
by Kleftiwallah
clip
So was Santa good to you?

Started by snowdrops on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post December 27, 2022, 20:23
by jezza

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 43 queries.