sorting out the tool shed and workshop

• 10 Replies

rowlandwells

sorting out the tool shed and workshop
« on: November 06, 2020, 17:51 »
as there's not much to do down the allotments at present a few raised beds to dig over so I've turned my attention sorting out the tool shed and workshop well

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: sorting out the tool shed and workshop
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 18:24 »
Good luck with that.  Let us know if you find any surprises  :D

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 05:37 »
Good time to do this, Rowland!

I started to put the mower to bed yesterday, running the tank dry and pouring oil all over the paths in the process!

The hardened collection of grass under the mower deck took ages to clear with a paint scraper, and I finished up with a bucket-full! All I need to do now, is collapse it all, and find a space under the work bench to park it for the winter...

(What's 'space')?

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 08:35 »
its funny you should say that Aunty because I'm finding things i never thought i had or at least i forgot i had them i came across a petrol water pump a petrol generator a petrol mower engine and I've only just started sorting i just ask myself where did all this stuff come from not even started on the tractor spares

my Daughter said you need a skip I don't think so there a lot of memorabilia in this old shed to be found but not found any money or gold stored away yet but given time one never knows  :lol:

GraciesGran

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 09:41 »
Every autumn the shed gets 'sorted' and I promise myself I will keep it tidy next year and not use it as a dumping ground!

You'll never guess what I'm doing today,...........

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 12:43 »
They have dumped the greenhouse contents into my organised shed  :mad:   It will all be done when they finish I suppose, but not by them.    Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

rowlandwells

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 17:26 »
I bet you can't wait to get  that greenhouse sorted Mrs B  but from what your saying they seem rather long winded getting the job finished  >:(

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 23:29 »
I bet you can't wait to get  that greenhouse sorted Mrs B  but from what your saying they seem rather long winded getting the job finished  >:(
You could say that, I haven't seen them for two week.  It was going to be Monday next week, then Tuesday, now it is Wednesday   :mad:   This was started early October   !!!!  He told me the roofing was going to be £800 but I have seen it is about £500 tops for the sheet I have had delivered.  When he finishes, I will ask to see copies of the invoices and money he has spent before he gets another penny.     Mrs B

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 08:58 »
its funny you should say that Aunty because I'm finding things i never thought i had or at least i forgot i had them i came across a petrol water pump a petrol generator a petrol mower engine and I've only just started sorting i just ask myself where did all this stuff come from not even started on the tractor spares

my Daughter said you need a skip I don't think so there a lot of memorabilia in this old shed to be found but not found any money or gold stored away yet but given time one never knows  :lol:

There might be money or gold in those there tractor spares if you put them on eBay! :)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 14:13 »

There might be money or gold in those there tractor spares if you put them on eBay! :)

Huh!

I put the wheel-that-didn't-fit-on-my-bike on Ebay...

It went for 99p, and then I found that the postage had doubled, as the buyer was in Northern Ireland!

So, don't believe Ebay's postage reckonings...

Total loss, about £6...

Hey ho, I sold our Doc Martin dvds and made up the difference!

rowlandwells

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 17:48 »
I've got to get round to sorting some of our tractors repairs out along with many other repairs i have left things to do in the winter months he says and your rite snowdrops vintage spares are a bit costly but i like restoring old farming implements god knows what will happen to all these things when anything happens to me :(

i restored a 3 row potato planter several years ago as it had been standing outdoors for some years it took some time to get it working i painted it and it looked like new we used it once on the allotments and found it clumsy to use on a small plot so we parked it up in the garden sheeted it up and there it lays

like most people i say to myself i must get these jobs done then something crops up and before you turn round its spring and time to think about gardening all over again

i keep telling  the wife will get round to doing these jobs sometime honest  :D :D

cheesy
Entertainment in the workshop/shed.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post August 15, 2021, 11:58
by GraciesGran
xx
The Repair Workshop

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post November 24, 2019, 17:50
by mrs bouquet
xx
Seed sorting, plot pondering...

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 06, 2020, 11:47
by New shoot
xx
Not a post for 'equipment' but it was a Hyundai multi-tool...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post June 28, 2018, 18:09
by Growster...

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 49 queries.