aphids

• 4 Replies

A Reyt Tayty

aphids
« on: April 20, 2012, 22:34 »
Got one or two aphids on my sprout seedlings in the greenhouse today. As they are only small as yet, I don't want to spray them. Is there any solution to this problem. I've also had some aphids on chrys cuttings. Not an infestation by any means, but is there any method of fumigation to knock them back before they become a pest?

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: aphids
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 08:13 »
Trouble is the little blighters will find there way back in  ::)  You can buy fumigation candles, but a bit of washing-up liquid and water in a spray bottle would be a cheaper and easier solution  :)

A Reyt Tayty

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 08:51 »
Trouble is the little blighters will find there way back in  ::)  You can buy fumigation candles, but a bit of washing-up liquid and water in a spray bottle would be a cheaper and easier solution  :)

Yeah, I know about the washing up liquid. I juast didn't want to use any on such small seedlings.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 08:53 »

Yeah, I know about the washing up liquid. I juast didn't want to use any on such small seedlings.

Options are as above or squash the little devils.

As the seedligs are small, I'd have thought spraying was the most delicate option
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

shokkyy

• Mishka
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:10 »
Or kidnap every ladybird you see and put them in your greenhouse :)

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 39 queries.