take a break

• 9 Replies

rowlandwells

take a break
« on: October 14, 2021, 12:21 »
I suppose both my wife and I are  like most gardeners we tend to go down the allotments several time a week unless we have other jobs around the house or greenhouses to do so basically every day is taken up by one thing or another jobs

so we set out one day a week to take a break from the general run of the mill Thursday's is our day of visiting the local village market for a cuppa and a chat not forgetting the bacon butty going to the garden centre for afternoon tea and cake or a bus ride to do a bit of shopping giving the car a rest well having a bus pass we need to use it petrol's not cheat you know  :D

anyway its good to take a break each week because for so long its only the allotment that's kept us going in the lock down so its nice to get back to some sort of normality before the lock down we used to visit other gardens of interest on our day of and being a week day it wasn't that busy

hopefully things will improve next year so we can enjoy our visits to other places  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: take a break
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 12:32 »
rowlandwells: hopefully things will improve next year so we can enjoy our visits to other places  :)
That would be wonderful, fingers firmly crossed  :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 12:50 »
It’s certainly a good idea to reestablish some of our previous normal pastimes. 

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 13:06 »
That's a really good idea as one can only do so much housework and gardening before brain and body fatigue sets in.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 14:32 »
Nice one, Rowland!

Only an hour ago, we were discussing next year's garden, and I've opened the bidding on a couple of rows of 'Pentland Javelin', because a favourite uncle grew them to perfection...

We're thinking positive like you, and forward too!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 16:20 »
I have managed to go to a couple of gardens, which has been lovely, and a Rare Plant Fair.  Nice uppa and a cake there.   Also WI meeting yesterday afternoon.  It was a bit chilly with all the doors and windows open, so thermals next time.  Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

GraciesGran

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 17:45 »
I've found that with lockdown one week merged into another and the year has vanished.

We're starting to get back into a routine, doing what we consider to be normal things.  We've been meeting up with friends and going out visiting. 

We've started planning the allotment and garden for next year but always with Wednesday as the day for doing non regulation activities.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 19:59 »
Sounds lovely  :D :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Christine

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 08:49 »
Hmm agree with taking a break but when booster jab, hearing aid fitting, landlord coming to take out the toilet for the morning to let the joiner cure the woodworm behind it all turning up in one week on different days as well as the Thursday morning village club it would be nice to see if I could fit in some time on the allotment  ::)

grinling

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 19:05 »
Christine,might be worthwhile checking anything you own which is wooden as woodworm get everywhere. Landlord should have all wood traeted and has a dutyof care to the tennant,including rent rebate and possibly paying for a hotel as they smell is awful.

clip
A break through!

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post March 18, 2020, 14:42
by rowlandwells
xx
winter break

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post November 30, 2021, 07:50
by AndyRVTR
xx
Christmas break too long?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post December 31, 2021, 09:49
by bayleaf

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 47 queries.