IBC and Micro Irrigation

• 2 Replies

Uzzy

IBC and Micro Irrigation
« on: July 02, 2019, 11:38 »
I have a full IBC at the top of my allotment would gravity give me enough pressure to rum a micro watering system? I was thinking of micro sprinklers rather that drippers or soaker hose. Your thoughts would be appreciated. I have read the post re soaker hose but would prefer individual water points.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: IBC and Micro Irrigation
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 12:15 »
I have a micro irrigation system for my greenhouse - it just about manages to feed 12 drippers from the mains supply (they're supposed to each produce a fine spray but there isn't enough pressure for that.)

Given that mains water pressure should be a minimum of 1 bar, which is the equivalent of a 10 metre head of water, I don't think an IBC would produce anything like enough pressure for that number of drippers.

That doesn't mean it isn't worth experimenting though - it might work for just a few drippers if that would be sufficient for your requiments.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Mr Dog

Re: IBC and Micro Irrigation
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 15:35 »
A garden set up using water butts and adjustable drippers here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcGcPSq3bxY

xx
Micro irrigation system - loop or spurs?

Started by JayG on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post May 29, 2018, 16:03
by JayG
xx
Irrigation!

Started by Jimmi on Design and Construction

7 Replies
Last post April 28, 2009, 19:24
by goose
xx
Greenhouse Irrigation

Started by cat6910 on Design and Construction

24 Replies
Last post November 24, 2007, 19:36
by shaun
xx
irrigation layout

Started by BussinSpain on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post August 12, 2014, 20:12
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 39 queries.