What have you cooked for Christmas ?

• 75 Replies

Steveharford

Re: What have you cooked for Christmas ?
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2014, 20:53 »
Everyone seems busy busy busy. I've got the turkey stock on the go to cut down on a bit of time on the day. Also steaming the pud which has been on about five hrs now so will give it another three tomorrow then nuke it on the day. Still got sausage rolls and a few bits and bobs to do but I'm bushed now so it will have to be tomorrow while last minute rapping ;-)

Steveharford

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2014, 20:56 »
Very impressive Mrs Bee 👍

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2014, 21:27 »
Nothing and i dont care at all. I did the shopping that was good enough.

This year I have realised its not about the shopping, baking, pressure, gifts, I did some shopping yesterday and today and people have lost their manners and common sense.

Its not about this, I have all the family under one roof its meant to be relaxed who cares what time dinner is ready, how many veg we have. What colour the table ware is.
The kids are sorted and my main goal is for everyone to stay out of hospital. Job done  :D hubby keeps asking for his stressy wife back.

snowdrops

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2014, 21:54 »
Nothing and i dont care at all. I did the shopping that was good enough.

This year I have realised its not about the shopping, baking, pressure, gifts, I did some shopping yesterday and today and people have lost their manners and common sense.

Its not about this, I have all the family under one roof its meant to be relaxed who cares what time dinner is ready, how many veg we have. What colour the table ware is.
The kids are sorted and my main goal is for everyone to stay out of hospital. Job done  :D hubby keeps asking for his stressy wife back.
Well done BQ, I'm sure life will be sooo much better for you if you just cut out/down on some of the stuff you do for awhile. It will give you chance to recharge your batteries & get strong just in case you need to be again. Bear in mind if you & hubby fall apart who will look after everyone then. Take care & have a lovely Christmas & a Happy & healthy
New Year
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Madame Cholet

• Location: Thrapston=Home & garden Lotty=Ringstead East Northants
  • remember you're a womble
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2014, 22:49 »
Concentrate on what you enjoy BQ and have a rest I think most of us here like the baking  ect and have the time to do it you have more pressing concerns
Diary at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85680.75

Comments at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85681.15

To good friends, good food and dirty hands

Underground overground wombling free

Mrs Bee

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2014, 23:04 »
Concentrate on what you enjoy BQ and have a rest I think most of us here like the baking  ect and have the time to do it you have more pressing concerns

Totally agree.  You have your priorities right. With everything you have been through with your little ones just having them at home and well, will make your Christmas perfect.  ;)

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2014, 07:20 »
We have a very emotional lovely Neighbour. Not sure whether it is over the cake, the biscuits, the written explaination (in Bulgarian) of what the cake is....or the two photos we printed of her puppy Molly (who we named and she is having difficulty pronouncing!!!)

OH has taken them both to the market while I concentrate on making washing up....and keeping the blsted kitten out of everything! How I appreciate the two dogs not being thieves!

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2014, 10:45 »
I have done the red cabbage and apple and prepared pigs in blankets ( allergen free so minced pork etc etc no skin on these piggies, hope they hold together )

Madame Cholet

• Location: Thrapston=Home & garden Lotty=Ringstead East Northants
  • remember you're a womble
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2014, 16:47 »
Mince pies inspired by Mrs Bee with assorted  toppings cherries, almonds, orange and ginger crumble and grated apple.

vege sausage rolls
20141224_145052.jpg
20141224_145116.jpg

snowdrops

« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2014, 21:35 »
Today I've made Marsala sticky orange Christmas pudding minus the Marsala  :lol:,bread sauce, cranberry sauce, garlic & Rosemary foccacia,pineapple cheese cake. I'm tired now :nowink:

Lardman

« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2014, 22:05 »
Fixed the braised red cabbage - not sure what I'd done to it but it was foul, all better now though. Did some of Mary Berry's raw cranberry sauce, the jury is still out on that !

Par boiled some spuds and the carrots/ parsnips to get a bit of a head start on the roasted things tomorrow. It all seems a lot of hassle this year :wub:

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2014, 03:51 »
That MB cranberry sauce looked altogether too healthy and not at all traditional.

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2014, 13:11 »
Sat on my bum surfing, kids playing hubby making me a cup of tea. Lovely. Carrots and swede ready, brussels ready, potatoes ready, red cabbage done. Stuffing done, beef cooked, chicken doing ( we are not doing turkey this year after a family revelation that everyone hates it )
Gravy done. Soup done, this is rather nice. Mum and dad came watched kids open pressies, left coming back for tea at 3 ahhhhh this is the life. Xxx

Asherweef

« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2014, 17:45 »
Tapas :)

Prawns in lemon & salt, potatas braves, mixed seafood in garlic, lemon and chilli, chorizo in red wine, bread, balsamic, anchovies, olives, stuffed peppers...

Just traditional ;)

Lardman

« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2014, 13:00 »
Well that's it for another year.   ;) Everything is washed and put away.

That MB cranberry sauce looked altogether too healthy and not at all traditional.

Won't be on the list again - I really wasn't impressed at all.

xx
Christmas Pudding

Started by mrs bouquet on Kitchen Natter

4 Replies
Last post December 17, 2018, 14:24
by grinling
xx
Christmas leftovers

Started by New shoot on Kitchen Natter

2 Replies
Last post December 29, 2018, 16:21
by snowdrops
xx
Christmas dinner?

Started by New shoot on Kitchen Natter

9 Replies
Last post December 25, 2016, 19:15
by LILLILEAF
xx
from the excess of Christmas to

Started by chrissie B on Kitchen Natter

6 Replies
Last post January 29, 2014, 13:17
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 38 queries.