Make your own Greenhouse, anyone tried one of these?

• 1 Replies

boddy

• Winner Pumpkin Competition - 2014
  • Experienced Member
I've got space in my garden for a greenhouse (already have one up the allotment) and want something cheap and 'easy' to construct. I've found these two books on amazon and the ideas look good. I think they are worth a look if anyone else wants to make their own. - the sample is free!  Anyone tried them or anything similar. The first one is like a greenhouse the other is in between a cold frame and a poly tunnel.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DIY-Greenhouse-Walk-In-Ventilated-Sheeting-ebook/dp/B00CD94WLO/ref=pd_sim_kinc_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0BAEC3EW4DA7FT66CWNX#reader_B00CD94WLO

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-A-Frame-Greenhouse-Plastic-Sheeting-ebook/dp/B007VG91H4/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1401778239&sr=1-6&keywords=construction+greenhouse#reader_B007VG91H4

I've got an old shed in sections in the garden, I could strip it down to a frame for the first one and save myself a lot of work.

My favourite weed is a raspberry ;)

grinling

Re: Make your own Greenhouse, anyone tried one of these?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 21:42 »
make your own plans.
try the garden centre for polytunnel sheeting, mine does £2 metre (2 metre wide). I use it for the chicken run.
Make sure it is taut and can't flap about. We fixed it to the wood uprights using small chunks of wood to hold plastic in place and nailing through that as plastic will tear.
Make a door either end for ventliation, or put "windows" in the roof to open up.

clip
anyone know the make of this greenhouse?

Started by grendel on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2014, 17:15
by grendel
clip
Help needed identifying make of greenhouse

Started by mjpalin on Design and Construction

26 Replies
Last post July 05, 2014, 08:48
by snowdrops
xx
what could i make, to make my allotment cool(for wild life)

Started by gizooty on Design and Construction

10 Replies
Last post December 01, 2009, 11:11
by Madhouseof5
xx
what to make from pallets?

Started by kopjules on Design and Construction

14 Replies
Last post May 14, 2012, 23:08
by Mrs Bee

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 40 queries.