Wolf Garten tools.....

• 9 Replies

toto691

Wolf Garten tools.....
« on: October 01, 2006, 21:03 »
Just thought id add my little discovery in case others havent seen (or heard) of Wolf Garten products. (probably find out im the only one who hadnt!!!)

Basically im in the process of starting up my own self employed mobile gardening business, and wanted to find a rake that was telescopic as i will have to get a small trailer. I found the Multi-Change range with various telescopic handles and a huge range of tough tools that simply clip onto the end!

Some of it can be seen here: Wolf Multi Change Tools

Each piece does seem a little expensive for what you get (EG: the brush head cost me £12, i would never spend this on a brush normally!!) but i have got the brush, cultiweeder, soil rake, lawn rake and a few other bits that i can now carry together in a secure tool box.
They dont actually look very strong....  but they are tough attachments that do a very tough job.

OK.... thats my praise for the day!!!

Edited by John  as the large URL was distorting page display

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Wolf Garten tools.....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 23:22 »
They are excellent quality although pricey - seem to be a lot cheaper in France if you're visiting. Bricomarche Calais.

I've got their trowel, fork and 3 prongs / hoe - my most used hand tool (a mini mattock, almost!)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Heather_S

• http://www.stargazy.org/plants/allotment/
Wolf Garten tools.....
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 12:59 »
http://www.allotment-garden.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=597
I already had a topic on these things. Am kind of glad I didn't buy any in the end as the equivalent fruit picker basket from Wolf would have cost me nearly £40 and I bought one with telescopic handle from Lidl for £8. Then got my hoe/2pronged mattock-type thing from Lidl for £2.50. Both are working nicely and I don't see them wearing out any time soon.
wistfully hoping to one day be mostly organic gardener in North London.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Wolf Garten tools.....
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 14:04 »
Quote from: "Heather_S"
http://www.allotment-garden.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=597
I already had a topic on these things. Am kind of glad I didn't buy any in the end as the equivalent fruit picker basket from Wolf would have cost me nearly £40 and I bought one with telescopic handle from Lidl for £8. Then got my hoe/2pronged mattock-type thing from Lidl for £2.50. Both are working nicely and I don't see them wearing out any time soon.

I grovel at your feet and beg your forgiveness, offering only "It's me age" as a feeble excuse :)

I had a cheap hoe prong thingy picked up cheap in Carrefour Limoges  (I love French shops but hate British ones - go figure) but it bent up whereas the Wolf one is really well made.

Since toto is going to be gardening professionally, probably best to pay more for tax-deductable quality overall.  It's a bit like DIY versus a builder - DIY rechargable drill around £30 whereas a pro will spend that on his battery.

Heather_S

• http://www.stargazy.org/plants/allotment/
Wolf Garten tools.....
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 20:20 »
If you look, batteries for drills, even DIY ones, *DO* cost that much....

I have seen some really cruddy tools out there but I'm still not totally convinced on the wolf tools being worth their money.

toto691

Wolf Garten tools.....
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 20:41 »
What have i started?!!! :?

Having not seen this range of tools before it came as a great treat to me, i was actually close to designing my own!

I also hadnt heard of the 'Gardena' range either, and it looks ok from the web site ive just looked at, but for the convenience and quality - this will do me very well indeed.
It IS expensive, but I gave myself a specific amount to invest in tools, and as John said, it can all be offset against the my tax due at the end of the year so cheap or not it works out the same, and i hope they will last me many years.

And from my point of view, theyre easier to secure as they can fit into a lockable tool box - within a locked vehicle/trailer.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Wolf Garten tools.....
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 22:36 »
Quote from: "toto691"
And from my point of view, theyre easier to secure as they can fit into a lockable tool box - within a locked vehicle/trailer.

That's a very important point - and just in case they get the box open, may I suggest an exploding balloon of comfrey liquid?

noshed

Wolf Garten tools.....
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 23:55 »
I'm sure there are laws about that sort of thing.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

toto691

Wolf Garten tools.....
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 01:22 »
Nah, im training my Dionaea Muscipula to attack on command!!

Gwiz

Wolf Garten tools.....
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 06:13 »
I also hadnt heard of the 'Gardena' range either, and it looks ok from the web site ive just looked at, but for the convenience and quality - this will do me very well indeed.
It IS expensive, but I gave myself a specific amount to invest in tools, and as John said, it can all be offset against the my tax due at the end of the year so cheap or not it works out the same, and i hope they will last me many years

my personal preference is for the gardena range. friends that have used the wolf system tell me that in time the heads start to fall out of the shaft, but with the gardena system i have never know that to happen even tho` ive been giving it very hard work to do for years now.
mind you, i do like the look of that hand ridger that wolf make.... :wink:

xx
Wolf Garten Tools

Started by ouessant on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post November 11, 2008, 18:21
by ouessant
xx
Wolf Garten tools

Started by The Red Baron on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post September 29, 2013, 20:13
by Headgardener22
xx
Wolf Garten Interchangeable Tools

Started by fatbelly on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 13:43
by Agatha
xx
Wolf Garten Ridger

Started by fatcat1955 on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post April 05, 2013, 17:09
by fatcat1955

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 39 queries.