Briggs and Stratton Diaphragms

• 1 Replies

SimonIG10

Briggs and Stratton Diaphragms
« on: June 28, 2015, 12:26 »
I cant fathom out the problem on my rotary mower with a 3.5hp motor fitted. It runs lovely with a new diaphragm for a few weeks then goes back to lumpy again and the only fix seems to be to fit another diaphragm. i am on the 3rd this year. I think I have bought genuine ones as came in right packaging but have now bought 5 Chinese ones to see how they compare. Again, its running fine but not sure for how long.
Any ideas? The diaphragms don't look damaged when I take them out.  The spring is in place.

anchorman

Re: Briggs and Stratton Diaphragms
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 21:16 »
A friend of mine repairs these mowers etc for a living. He tells me the carb diaphrams go baggy. Mine lasted 16 yrs before it needed replacing. I used a genuine part, cost me about 8 quid! But stopped the hunting and cutting out. Then....it started playing up this year. After much faffing and tinkering it was down to a low, almost empty oil sump. I hadnt checked it for years. Filled it with fresh oil and it ran as sweet as a nut. Back to the obvious basics. Apparently, the B and S engines will play up if starved of oil as they will run too hot and upset the carburettor.  Obvious really....I suppose.

xx
Briggs and Stratton 5 hp

Started by Praxxus on Equipment Shed

47 Replies
Last post January 19, 2010, 15:16
by Praxxus
xx
5HP Briggs and Stratton

Started by andygregs156 on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post January 20, 2012, 12:32
by Gwiz
xx
Briggs and stratton

Started by Gerry Norris on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post March 03, 2015, 20:54
by jezza
xx
Briggs n stratton.

Started by denbo73 on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post February 14, 2007, 17:07
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 31 queries.