its been three year since i washed my hair!

• 57 Replies

Madame Cholet

• Location: Thrapston=Home & garden Lotty=Ringstead East Northants
  • remember you're a womble
Re: its been three year since i washed my hair!
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2012, 22:54 »
I have had my hair cut regularly by different people no one has noticed I brush it every morning it is glossy not oily or lank does not dry out and is really easy to brush. I'll get my oh to photo it if you like. I think that dry shampoo would defeat the object and would strip your hair of the oils and make it produce more as wet shampoo.
Diary at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85680.75

Comments at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85681.15

To good friends, good food and dirty hands

Underground overground wombling free

maxyboo

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2012, 21:58 »
I think you're right Rachel. Using dry shampoo would kind of defeat the purpose. I believe the point is that hair will take care of itself but we have become reliant on using fancy shampoos etc.

grinling

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2012, 11:03 »
Children's hair is glossy and lovely, no more tangles and brushes lovely. Does not smell at all. It gets wet in the swimming pool and showers at home and school.

rcf100

• Experienced Member
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2012, 20:45 »
I couldn't do this, I love my showers and get my hair coloured every 12 weeks.  It's my thing.

That said I fully support this.  I very infrequently wash my doughters hair.  My eldest (2) has very sensitive skin and at a couple of months of age it was very apparent that chemicals on her skin was no good, so we decided at 8 weeks old to not use anything in her bath.  She stopped eczema within a week.  The only times we have used shampoo since then, unless there has been something like paint in her hair, is if she needs cradle cap treatment - she gets this frequently and is a result of her rubbish skin and it's a medicated shampoo then.  Only issue when we have to treat her is that her eczema flairs again.

She has beautiful hair that is always admired and she gets her hair cut every few weeks.  She gets it rinsed in the bath water every couple of days and it's always been like that.

When her sister arrived a 16 months later it seemed strange to put anything on her when we hadn't on big sister.  If we'd had them the other way about then we would have used all the products, but it's refreshing not needing anything other than water.

Try getting that across to the grandparents though!

Trikidiki

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2013, 22:44 »
I know this is a long time after this thread was active but I have just read it so others may as well. I felt I had to reply as Madame Cholet is the only other person I have come across who has done this.

I haven't washed my hair with shampoo (except to remove something unpleasant a couple of times) for the last thirteen years. It was cut short when we crossed the equator while on a very dusty safari in Africa, I stopped shampooing it at the same time. Everyone was fairly smelly and dusty on and off for five weeks with limited washing facilities, so it went un-noticed. I had wanted to try it before, after seeing the documentary mentioned above but was worried about the nasty three week period while it settles down.

I rinse it through with plain water every day mainly to make it lie flat after sleeping, its still quite short so is practically dry with a quick towel rub. Because it isn't greasy dust doesn't stick to it. On the odd occassion I do work up a sweat and dirt does stick, it washes clean in the shower in less than a minute. No more washing, rewashing, rinsing, conditioning and rinsing again.

I've mentioned it to a few friends and they have said they wouldn't have known.

A funny aside with the short haircut was when I got home from Africa, the number of friends who ignored the wife and me in the street as they knew I was away for a long holiday and thought she was out with another bloke.

crh75

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2013, 12:01 »
I haven't washed my hair since 2006.  It never went through a nasty phase.  I comb it in the shower every morning and it never smells or looks greesy.  Even after a bonfire, a comb in the shower and the smell is gone.

Madame Cholet

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2013, 04:01 »
It's over 4 years now and i'm still very happy with it.

Growster...

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2013, 09:11 »
I wash my hair every day to get the dust out, and it still looks grey every time..;0)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2013, 09:43 »
I wash my hair every day to get the dust out, and it still looks grey every time..;0)

A common complaint, you have washed the colour out  :lol:

Madame Cholet

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2013, 16:30 »

:lol:

Growster...

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2013, 20:50 »

:lol:

Well, it's totally white now, so nobody will ever remember the auburn locks of yesteryear..;0)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2013, 20:54 »
Growster if it works for phillip schofield it can work for anyone. My hubby calls his silver, sunkissed highlights and then gets the clippers out.  The kids just call him badger.  :lol:

I try not to over wash my hair as i get a really bad scalp which peels in flakes, it can be so painful hubby has caught me scratching it with scissor blades before now. It burns like i have never experienced. Tea tree shampoos are a no go for me.

Growster...

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2013, 20:59 »
BQ, Philip Schofield is a spring chicken compared to my thatch!

xx
How I get free tomatoes every year!

Started by EJCTM on Frugal Living

14 Replies
Last post September 15, 2010, 17:44
by DD.
xx
It's that time of year again - Wyevale 50p sale

Started by B_and_D on Frugal Living

23 Replies
Last post September 12, 2011, 23:33
by Lloyd
xx
What time of year do the seed companies start their sale?

Started by LivvyW on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post January 22, 2012, 17:49
by DD.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 38 queries.