R.I.P. Bagpuss

• 23 Replies

Kate and her Ducks

Re: R.I.P. Bagpuss
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 13:08 »
So sorry to hear about Bagpuss. Sending virtual hugs.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 14:16 »
We hada diabetic cat that went though a terrible week with trips to the vets and hourly checks etc and barely pulled through, when he started showing the same symptoms a week later we figured it easier for him to spare him all the trips and tests, we made him up a bed in the travel basket, and supplied him with food and water - he was obviously getting worse by the hour, and had constant company from one of the other cats who went in and curled up with him, and passed peacefully to his rest in the midst of his human and feline family, he was the only one that none of the cats went searching for after he had passed, its as if they all realised what had happened, when others have been taken to the vets at a similar stage they have always spent time calling out and searching the house.
Bagpuss is now resting and no longer suffering, with time all the memories will be the good ones and you will grieve less, but its always painful at first.
Grendel

What a lovely thing you did for your pets, they must also grieve and you must have spared them a lot of worry. 
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

ANHBUC

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 14:18 »
So sorry to hear about Bagpuss. Sending virtual hugs.

Thanks Kate just what I need.  Everyone is really supportive and helpful with sharing their own experiences.  Thanks.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 16:01 by ANHBUC »

Chicken_Lover

• Experienced Member
  • R.I.P you two beautiful ladies:(
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 12:55 »
So sorry for your loss :(
1 Leghorn Cockerel, 2 Warrens, 4 Lemon Goldfish and 1 Jack Russell, One Big Party!!!!!! :D :D

Carolf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 16:15 »
ANHBUC, so sorry for your loss.  I know the feeling all to well and it hurts like hell  but at least you have all the good, loving memories and Bagpuss is probably chasing balls of string and looking down wondering what all the fuss is about  ;)  *hugs*
When I was young we used to go 'skinny dipping,' now I just 'chunky dunk.'

Chicken_Lover

• Experienced Member
  • R.I.P you two beautiful ladies:(
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 16:41 »
^ Well said!  ;)

Lulu

• Winner Best Sunflower - 2012
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 21:13 »
bought a big lump to my throat this thread - I guess I'm still a bit raw from Ollie's death.  Sorry for your loss - I really am.  Take care

Lulu
Wash your hands, stay at home, distance yourself

ANHBUC

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 21:45 »
Thanks again everyone. 

It has been a tough week as our youngest daughter is home for a week before she is off to the Artic until Christmas.  Hubby mentioned Bagpuss at the weekend and it set me off again.   :(

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 22:55 »
big hugs being sent your way.....
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 35 queries.