blooooming mice!!!!!

• 5 Replies

nic n dave

blooooming mice!!!!!
« on: October 24, 2011, 13:51 »
i put traps under my chicken coop as i no there are mice around and have never caught a thing and now i no why..... i just let my hens out to free range and i was standing outside and i watched a mouse come out from under the shed and through the chicken wire and jumped into the chicken feeder, which is suspended above the ground, no wonder i cannot catch anything they are getting free food! this may sound silly but i never new a mouse could jump so high? how on earth am i going to get rid of the mice now when they dont take my bait?

blackbelt

• Homesteading back to basics simple living life
Re: blooooming mice!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 16:40 »
Ya! It seems no matter how careful one is, mice are always around especially this time of year. Have you tried glue pads? They work pretty well. I use them when needed and here on the homestead we keep 2 cats on board. They are really low maintenance, they come around when I milk the goats thats when they get fed. Try the glue pads!

Helenaj

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 18:06 »
Glue pads are excellent for catching mice and small rats, but you must make sure that you put them in a place your hens can't get access to. Have you ever tried getting one of those things off a hen (not one of mine a neighbours) - took two of us and by the end of it I looked as though I had been tarred and feathered!  :nowink:

Dominic

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 11:05 »
found one sleeping under the poo tray when I last cleaned it, warm, but rather dangerous place to live I'd think.
We use chemicals in this garden, just as god intended

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 15:39 »
Haven't seen a mouse in atleast 7 months, either the girls are doing a great job or they are really good at hiding.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

bygrace

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 18:48 »
I've had mice in my loft recently. They just loooove peanut butter, so may be worth considering putting that in your traps.
BG

xx
Mice

Started by mohs.ayaz on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post November 22, 2014, 20:58
by Paul Plots
xx
mice

Started by 2sam16 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 21, 2011, 20:51
by joyfull
xx
i have mice

Started by craig1981 on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post July 23, 2011, 23:41
by Junie
xx
mice!!!!

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post April 23, 2012, 19:15
by Prod

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 29 queries.