Broken cat.

• 31 Replies

JaK

• Happy half plot.
Broken cat.
« on: August 27, 2011, 09:37 »
My cat Maggie had been out for two day's (she often does this as she likes to roam the farm land), she returned home late last night looking very sorry for herself. It looks like she has been bitten by a dog. Her tail is limp and she has no movement in it at all, she also has bite marks in her back end. It looks like a trip to the vets is in order. Wish her luck.

Kate and her Ducks

Re: Broken cat.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:20 »
Good luck. I hope she is ok.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:21 »
Poor Maggie  :(  Hope she doesn't have to lose her tail  :(

Got my fingers crossed for you both  :)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 11:34 »
one of our old dogs came back once with his tail hanging off - he was fine once he ad it removed as will your cat be - you can pretend she is a Manx cat  :).
Seriously though wishing you and Maggie all the best at the vets xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 12:21 »
 :lol: @ Joyfull.
Maggie was very well behaved at the vets. I have to keep her in for now and keep all her cuts clean. As it's bank holiday weekend they wont do anything for her now so it looks as though her tail will be removed on Tuesday. So glad there is not too much muscle damage to her legs, She should be fine, bless her.

feelingbroody

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 13:18 »
Poor Maggie

Cats often attack other cats from the rear and leave horrendous bite marks so it could even have been an aggressive cat

At least with her tail removed she can carry on a normal life, she will be an honoury Manx cat

Good luck and hope she makes a speedy recovery x
if wishes were changes.......

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 15:04 »
Our cat had a hanging tail (it got shut in the patio doors) ...

The vet was going to operate but decided to leave it a bit because he thought it might just recover on its own - and it did!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

spottymint

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 11:42 »
How's the kitty cat ?

They can manage well without a tail, have seen 2 cat's who have lost tails & they are fine.

Hope the vet's do somthing more, than just leave her, S*d bank holiday, she needs treatment now.

If I were a vet, animal 1st, everything else 2nd.

Take care.

NormandyMary

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 19:43 »
That is so sad. Please wish Maggie well from me, and from Tabitha Phoebe and Freddie, my 3 moggies. Could it have been a fox that got  her by any chance? It does sound like a ferocious attack. Poor little scrap.
All the very best for Tuesday. Please keep us informed.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 09:59 »
the vet confirmed it was a dog (the puncture holes form the bites were huge) We have a house next door with 4 large aggressive dogs, they go for people and animals and bark and howl most of the day. I don't know but suspect it could of been one of them that got hold of Maggie.
I have had to let Maggie go out this morning as she refuses to use the litter tray  ::)  :mad:
She is doing well and her wounds show no sign of infection, she is also letting me bathe the wounds without too much of a fuss but I would think in cat language she is being a bit of a potty mouth!  :lol:

feelingbroody

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 10:09 »
So pleased that maggie is on the mend, lets just hope that she doesnt venture next door again, I think it unlikely given she may have had a horrific experience there !

all the best ?)

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 09:26 »
Well yesterday I couldn't catch Maggie  :mad: :mad: So she missed her appointment for her op. She is home now and I'm sure I saw her move her tail slightly, perhaps she was trying to tell me somthing yesterday? She has an appointment this afternoon so we will see if she can keep her tail a little longer just in case.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 09:28 »
fingers crossed for her  :D

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 19:18 »
Our cat had a similar problem when whe was younger.  She must have been attacked by a tom and bitten near the base of her tail.  There were not puncture marks but she could not lift or move her tail.  The vet gave her an antibiotic jab and said just to wait and see.  After a couple of weeks she gradually got the use of her tail back and you would not know there had been a problem.

Good luck with Maggie, hope you have a similar outcome.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

NormandyMary

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 20:47 »
How did your little girl get on this afternoon?

xx
Cat with Broken Pelvis

Started by spottymint on Pets without Feathers

5 Replies
Last post October 09, 2011, 09:26
by DD.

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 36 queries.