Laying probs - lash?

• 0 Replies

helens-hens

Laying probs - lash?
« on: May 19, 2011, 13:43 »
Hi there. Hoping somebody may be able to give me some advice. I got back v.late around midnight last Friday night and when closing the girls pophole etc I noticed that one of them (a rhode rock, approx 18-19 months old) was down in the run with an egg she had laid sometime before (it was cold) which was covered in a thick creamy coloured membrane (for want of a better analogy the membrane was about as thick as latex disposable rubber glove).

I coaxed her upstairs and the following day she seemed fine though some of her poo from overnight looked as though it was mixed slightly with the white part of an egg. I checked this strange egg she had laid before and apart from the membrane it was totally normal.

Come Sunday she started to look unhappy, sitting down with tail down etc not scratching around though eating & drinking. However about half way through Monday she started to recover and seems 100%.

I am slightly concerned because she is a relatively young hen and she has not laid since the strange egg she had last Friday (she normally lays 4-5 a week). Having just read the very sad post of RIP Edna it got me thinking is there a possibility she has unlaid eggs inside her? Also would anybody have an idea what this membrane could be - it crossed my mind it could be a lash but I don't think it is thick enough?

Sorry for all the questions, Hope somebody can help.

Thanks in advance
Helen

xx
lash

Started by bacchus51 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 19, 2011, 10:39
by Sassy
xx
Is it a lash?

Started by Goldfinger on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 18, 2013, 19:49
by ANHBUC
xx
What is a `lash` ?

Started by judrop on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 26, 2011, 22:04
by judrop
xx
Lash

Started by Hawkins on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post November 12, 2009, 08:07
by beulah59

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 34 queries.