Fingers crossed for Casper

• 39 Replies

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Fingers crossed for Casper
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 17:49 »
He's a good, loyal dog, he has had a fantastic life Rom, I am sure he will tell you in his own way when he is ready to go. It is heartbreaking, and I am filling up for you right now :( :(

Same from me, Foxy said it all so well  :(
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

too many girls

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 18:14 »
i think i knew in my heart that it would be weeks rather than months, our drive is quite long and whenever returning from anywhere i always let him out at the gate and he would race the car back to the house (i've clocked him at 28 miles and hour :tongue2:) last time after i got back out to shut the gate he was waiting to get back in the car, he's too tired to run anymore :( i think 13 and a half (the half is very important) is a good age for a collie/greyhound, and i think we have given him a good life and he's repayed us with love, friendship, loyalty, a few ouch vet bills, and my own personal duvet keeperoner :)

RichardA

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 18:26 »
the greatest trust we are given by dogs is to know when enough is enough and the gretaest love we can give them is to let their last days be full of love and peaceful and free of unecessary pain.
I have been there with two dogs of mine and have been with others at the end and I have known every time when it was not right to let go and when it finally was, perhaps that is God helping with this difficult responsibility we carry as dog lovers and owners.
It does not make anything any easier. It looks like the dog was so right to have trusted you all those years ago when he adopted you. Be proud of him and what you have done and what you will in time do to make his life perfect.
R

too many girls

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 18:38 »
my kids have been brought up with Casper, i think his greatest gift to us was to teach them respect and love, he's never bitten anyone (actually i think he nipped Nigel once, but then given the chance everyone should nip Nige once :tongue2:) if the kids went too far he would growl a warning to them that he was unhappy, he never bit them though, they learnt to respect him and consequently all dogs, thats a lasting gift from Casper the friendly dog.

wighty

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 20:03 »
Oh Rom, I do feel for you and like others don't know what to say really.  Been there and done this with several pets.  You know your pet and when the time has come to say the final goodbye.  Thinking of you this evening.

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 20:17 »
my kids have been brought up with Casper, i think his greatest gift to us was to teach them respect and love,

I'm in tears again now.... that's such a lovely thought... but even with all the sadness you still can bring a smile to my face....

he's never bitten anyone (actually i think he nipped Nigel once, but then given the chance everyone should nip Nige once :tongue2:)

Casper deserves to be spoilt rotten this Christmas - I hope you raise many a glass of wine to him. Bless his cotton socks.
xxx
Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

janet12000

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 20:27 »
My thoughts go out to you. x
Caspar is a beautiful dog.
I'm sure he will have a wonderful very spoiled Christmas which you and the family will remember forever. It is making me cry thinking of the situation you are in.
Cherish every moment with him.
You will know when the time has come to say goodbye.
Lots of hugs. xxxx

too many girls

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 20:49 »
Casper gets spoiled rotton every Christmas, usually of his own doing, over the years he's helped himself to advent calenders, selection boxes, the chocolate noveltys from the tree, wrapped boxes of chocolates from under the tree (he's an expert at unwrapping them) even Santa's mince pie has been scoffed, last week he rummaged through the shopping and found the pig ear treats (meant to be shared between all 4 dogs) i spent ages looking for them as i knew i'd bought them but then found the empty packet in the living room :tongue2: he is such a thief, but he just can't help himself.

janet12000

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 21:21 »
Sounds like a typical greyhound then!
Bea likes nicking the butter out of the fridge, and don't even start me on how she robs her little goodies out of the shopping bags!(to be found in her bed when she saves them for later)
It's all these little things that Caspar does that makes him special. x

too many girls

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 21:26 »
Casper never saves, his motto is "don't put off till tomorrow what you can eat today"  :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

birmancats

• Experienced Member
  • RIP Toffee
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 22:03 »
Oh I am so so sorry.  I've been in tears reading this.  I had to make the same difficult decision last year for a 5 year old pet.  It's heart breaking.  He's had a long happy life, do what must be done and think of all the good times. 

Hugs 

Parsnip

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 18:05 »
Oh Rom, he's gorgeous..I'm so sorry he's poorly again. :( :( I know he'll have had a VERY happy life with you all and fingers crossed a good bit longer.. :happy:

chooksbury

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 18:19 »
 :(  Huge hugs - can't really add more except to say Casper has such a beautiful and gentle face ..

Rubellite

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 18:48 »
Dear Rom, how sad for you.
I had a similar experience with my old Dobe. We brought him home with his jar of painkillers and kept him going until he deteriorated to the extent where his quality of life had declined.
I could probably have kept him going for another couple of weeks but didn't want my friend to suffer. The morning that I had him pts (we'd already dug the hole) I took him out as usual and he had a paddle in the pond as usual, and his breakfast, before the vet came. It still broke my heart but over the weeks before we had to make that decision I had come to terms with the fact that I was going to say goodbye forever. It was much easier than having to make the decision after a short and sharp illness for my favourite little JRT. :(
Thinking of you and sending hugs - Rubes x

too many girls

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2010, 21:47 »
Caspers tumour has ulcerated, the metacam doesn't seem to be helping :(
he doesn't seem bothered by it yet, but when he is.............................
it will be time to say goodbye

xx
Pip so far (fingers crossed)

Started by evie2 on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post September 06, 2012, 16:53
by arugula
xx
Fingers crossed please!!

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post November 17, 2012, 21:20
by YoungChickenLover
sad
Fingers crossed for Rufus

Started by John on Pets without Feathers

34 Replies
Last post June 27, 2016, 21:30
by John

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 35 queries.