Leeks

• 16 Replies

muntjac

Leeks
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 19:52 »
chop ya leeks up into 1 inch pieces .put in a microwave dish and nuke for 3 or 4 mins full power till they go opaque . then drop in the gravy .and serve emediatly .this preserves the taste of the leeks and also onions .i find if ya boil them theys just taste of nothing .  you want cheese and onion fast  nuke the chopped up onion and then drop grated cheese on em and wack under a real hot grill till cheese melts  serve on whatever takes ya fancy . really makes a chicken  pie come alive and you should be eating all of the lekk except the root base .but if your a peasant back in time u would eat all of it .like all veggies should be .. i personally wil not peel my spuds because most of the flavour is in the tatties .. want to spice up ya mash .chop  the green bit from ya leek shred and drop in the spuds before ya mash em with butter . no salt in my book .try removing the salt from ya veggies  the rubbish that salt brings out the taste is just that rubbish salt actually masks the taste because your taste buds react to the " sweetness " of salt first .INMYOP
still alive /............

Dabhand

Leeks
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 11:08 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
no salt in my book .try removing the salt from ya veggies  the rubbish that salt brings out the taste is just that rubbish salt actually masks the taste because your taste buds react to the " sweetness " of salt first .INMYOP

Here Here!!! I haven't used salt in cooking veg for years, If people want to add it at the table that's up to them.... People like my cooking and never notice I hardly use salt in anything.

xx
Leeks

Started by Yorkie on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post March 23, 2009, 22:16
by Yorkie
xx
What can I do with leeks

Started by diggerjoe on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

20 Replies
Last post April 30, 2009, 13:53
by Ropster
xx
Anyone tried pickling leeks?

Started by A. Fallowfield on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post September 19, 2009, 20:25
by zazen999
xx
Leeks gone to seed...

Started by Growster... on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post November 25, 2011, 14:53
by Growster...

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 32 queries.