As it is getting dark already

• 5 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
As it is getting dark already
« on: November 20, 2020, 16:25 »
to cheer us all up - It is only a month until the winter solstice and the days start getting lighter again  :D

So thinking about it - about 10 weeks 'til it gets back to getting dark at the same time as today  IYSWIM :wacko: Now I've depressed myself again  ::)

It must be Temporary Insanity Day  :lol:

jaydig

Re: As it is getting dark already
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 18:17 »
I was feeling very optimistic at the beginning our your post, MoS, and then you went and spoiled it!!!! Not long now though until we're past the shortest day, and there's hope of a Covid vaccine, Spring, not winter is just around the corner, and hopefully by Summer all will be better in our world.

Thanks for trying to be so positive in such gloomy times.

al78

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 19:13 »
It is about three weeks to the earliest sunset and the evening begin to get lighter (very slowly at first).

Christine

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 07:57 »
Hoy you lot - some people have a birthday on the winter solstice which makes it something to look forward to - well in years with no pandemic and lock downs.

There's two sides to every coin.  :D

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 17:40 »
there's nothing worse than a dull day when you think should i risk it to go down the allotments will it rain so ok its kept fine but then as we get into the afternoon it seems to get darker and darker so we get indoors light the log fire have a cup of tea and bingo its dark if it was summer we would still be working or sitting in the garden

i always remember looking at a farming book there was a photo of a couple of men leading a team of horses back to the farm from a field they had been winter ploughing and they obviously needed to get back to the farm before it got dark to feed and water the horses and interesting to note they where waring putties from WW1 i could picture them walking down a muddy country lane making there way home on a dull winters day looking forward to a nice stew and dumpling dinner some of these photos are a treasure when life was at a more leisurely pace

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 18:47 »
I too miss the long summer days but I do try to embrace the earlier dark evenings, I now go to the chickens at about 3/3:30 pm & that’s quite nice to be done & dusted. I can be washed & changed before dinner.Plus these grottier days I can do some crafting or I’ve been catching up on household chores.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

xx
I've been all in the dark - literally

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post June 18, 2019, 16:06
by mrs bouquet
xx
Some things to ponder over on dark nights.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post October 23, 2017, 14:22
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 42 queries.