Morning all :)

• 222 Replies

jaydig

Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2018, 15:51 »
Took advantage of a local solicitor's free will making service in March, and after a few hiccups (including my elder sister suddenly becoming my mother and vice-versa due to the solicitor apparently not being able to understand her own notes ::)) I finally get to sign it and have it witnessed later this morning.

Don't want to tempt fate, so will drive down there with even more care and attention than usual!  :lol:
We also took advantage of a "special offer" many years ago, and had our wills done.  We were only in our forties at the time, but as we had children we thought we needed to sort ourselves out. I think age is irrelevant as nobody knows what is around the corner, and once it's done you can forget about it.  Well, almost forget about it, because as the years roll on it's probably wise to review it and make any necessary alterations.

madcat

« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2018, 10:40 »
Cooler cloudy morning with the ground wet from a heavy dew.  Good gardening day ... final push to get the courgettes and outdoor toms out of pots and into the ground.  Phew!
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2018, 08:09 »
Mornings... starting the day grumpy because...
I woke up cold at 3am, my fault I had taken the duvet off, after a few weeks of warm nights just leaving sheet and thin bedspread on. Got up and put duvet on bed again but couldn't get back to sleep properly. Just kept tossing and turning and only slept in snatches so now have a 'heavy head' and back-ache, Grrr!

Cool and grey this morning and it feels like the heating should be on  ::)  woolly socks and cardi instead of sandals and t shirt kinda day   ::)

The cat isn't happy either cos I ran out of pouches and she only had biscuits for her supper, when I gave her the same this morning she just gave me 'the look' and stalked off  :lol:  The Trashco delivery man is due soon, so normal service will be resumed shortly. Think I'll make myself some porridge to warm up with  ;)

snowdrops

« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2018, 08:17 »
Cooler here today, think we’re staying on scaffolding corner, this is the 3rd morning a scaffolding wagon has been parked opposite our digs, either putting up or taking down scaffolding. Won’t be renting in the middle of a town again
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2018, 08:34 »
Oh dear Snowy not a room with a view then !

I'm just having a quick surf before going on a 13m walk !! Tis a bit far for me but it should be flat as it follows a route that ponies pulled coal carts from the pits to the river Avon, it then got took to Bristol and Bath. The rails can still be seen in a few places so I'll be spot the bit of history.
Tell me and I,ll forget,Show me and I might
remember,Involve me and I,ll understand

madcat

« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2018, 10:50 »
Much better morning here than we have been having - blue sky with a bit of a brisk breeze.  Good for playing out.  Next doors are having a new kitchen fitted - much relief that it will all come in dry and without a lot of mud being tramped through the house.   :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2018, 11:00 »
Massive storm overnight, so garden drenched  ::)
So apart from a few sowings in the greenhouse - I will be ironing today  :ohmy:
I don't want to, but it really can't be left any longer as I have little left to wear. Now I don't mind scruffy gardening, but it isn't the best look for the committee/Council meeting later, I think you'd agree  :lol:

Hope you all have a nice day..

snowdrops

« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2018, 18:25 »
Hubby had suggested we went to the Eden project whilst we were nearby in Devon, google told us it wAs 1 1/2 hours away but it turned in to more like 2 1/2. Worth it to see it again, it’s been a couple of years, shame it rained quite heavily when we were ready to look outside, did the biomes first in case it brightened up & got too hot for them.long day,left holiday house at 9.15 & just back now6.15

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2018, 18:39 »
Havn't been there for at least 10 years but hope to go again sometime. We went on one of those past time chartered trains as late OH used to be a train spotter in his youth, we won a £100 voucher in the raffle on the way back which really rounded off the day as it was my birthday (cannot remember which one !!)

Growster...

« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2018, 07:06 »
We've had a dozen Speedwatch session here over the last fortnight. The village has a terrible problem with dangerous driving, and these sessions showed no let up on morons belting through at crazy speeds!

Last Sunday morning, we clocked 88 drivers doing way more than 30mph IN AN HOUR including a bike doing 66mph about a hundred yards after the traffic lights! It's disgraceful, and the spot where we were working is a well known black spot. As usual the Kent county council do absolutely nothing. The Police support us though...

But the garden is getting into shape at long last, and I even managed to get some tilling done for a great old friend down the road. We always chat for ages, and afterwards, I got home and a few minutes later, 'Bing-Bong', and a happy face and a couple of bottles of wine appeared at the door! What a lovely man he is!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2018, 09:29 »
Mornings!
Keep up the good work Growster.

Here we have a lovely bright sunny day, my morning cuppa has been drunk in the sunshine and I'm ready to start.
Strimming to do as yesterday afternoon the strimmer didn't run out of battery as usual - it ran out of spool!
There's someone up there with a strange sense of humour, I think  :nowink:
After the grass I'll start planting up the new 'flowers for cutting' bed, Dahlias first.
Have a nice day  :D

madcat

« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2018, 10:00 »
As usual the Kent county council do absolutely nothing.

Oxfordshire have a plan to stop speeding - potholes!  Every few yards there is one that will destroy tyres/suspension/teeth if you hit it at more than 30mph, and often 20 is a bit rough ....  A motorbike would be whirling through the air ...   :ohmy:  Always a silver lining I suppose .. :dry:

Cloudy dry morning.  Washing out and now to tackle the goosegrass along the side of the house so I can get the planters and cherry tomatoes out.

snowdrops

« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2018, 11:40 »
Last day of our holiday, been out for an early coffee & a bit of a shop,mainly to buy something for our granddaughter. Will be going for another walk round in a bit & maybe lunch out today, I think it’s fish & chips for tea, will be 1/2 portion each as they’re just too much 1 each.

Growster...

« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2018, 20:16 »
"Oxfordshire have a plan to stop speeding - potholes!  Every few yards there is one that will destroy tyres/suspension/teeth if you hit it at more than 30mph, and often 20 is a bit rough ....  A motorbike would be whirling through the air ...   :ohmy:  Always a silver lining I suppose "...

Madcat, we have the most useless county council in the land! They never listen, and do absolutely nothing except make excuses...

I know we're never political here, but if the bloke in charge of 'roads' is a 'waste management expert', what on earth are we to do? £100,000 salary a year to do what?

Anyway, we have a meeting soon with a senior policeman who actually is looking at ways to stop the farce of speeding and dangerous driving. Our village deserves better than the sham we get from KCC!

(Sorry Mods - won't happen again, but I'll let you know how we get on - the chap I'm with for the meeting is 6'6" tall, I'm 5'7" and used to be a serious  rugby prop forward and we'll never let up...;0)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2018, 08:44 »
we have the most useless county council in the land!

I think there will be a few who would also claim that  :lol:  Reading Borough Council are pretty mind blowingly useless most of the time.  There is another side to all this whinging about council under-funding and staff costs are a big part of it.  We rent business premises from them and its laughable.  We switched units, both the people in the department were on holiday at the same time, so no-one would deal with it  ::)  I also got 'out of office' notifications from emails sent saying 'I'm working from home, so am not reading my work emails'  :wacko:  I did ring the main office and eventually got through to someone fairly high up who squirmed about as I asked how anyone could achieve that particular feat.  Anyway he sorted it for me, so it was worth kicking up a fuss  ;)   

If your bloke in charge of roads has that as his job, then he needs to get on with it.  His wages are paid by householders like you and you are entitled to value for money.  He is there to help you, so don't let up until he earns his keep.

Anyway back to chit chat.  Its a bit overcast and dull here, but dry.  I'm contemplating a plot visit and a garden pottering session, but haven't got going yet.  I'm tired from busting a gut doing my 2 jobs this week for considerably less than £100k a year  :lol:

xx
This morning I woke up...

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 12:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Macmillan Coffee Morning

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 17:02
by Pescador
xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2706 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 20:35
by Paul Plots
xx
Mobile having a funny turn this morning..

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post February 08, 2023, 12:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 51 queries.