6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Fox recipe

• 26 Replies

Pertelotte

• Experienced Member
Re: Fox recipie
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 22:28 »
After losing five girls to Mr Fox I'd certainly be keen to reply in kind AND make that trap pay for itself!!

Only problem is that there's not much meat on my local foxes - skinny b*gg*rs the lot.  I suppose it is the sweet taste of revenge. So it's cold cuts, then?

Pertelotte

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 22:48 »
I'd probably try it.  The one thing I wouldn't try unless starving is rat though!

But when you think what foxes do to chickens and ducks, the revenge would be very sweet, even if the fox wasn't!

But I agree with Pertelotte, foxes are usually very skinny, so probably more trouble to cook than to eat!

Paul Plots

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 23:25 »
I'd probably try it.  The one thing I wouldn't try unless starving is rat though!

But when you think what foxes do to chickens and ducks, the revenge would be very sweet, even if the fox wasn't!

But I agree with Pertelotte, foxes are usually very skinny, so probably more trouble to cook than to eat!

My grandfather ate both cat and rat (at different times). He never mentioned fox. Perhaps there were none where he found himself in the First World War. Not in the zoo anyway... the animals in there vanished very rapidly before the cat & rat stew appeared on the menu.  :dry:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Fox recipe
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 00:05 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

8doubles

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 08:09 »
I voted yes but only if someone else had cooked it (and it was free) then i would try a nibble . :lol:

As for eating rat i would decline a UK sewer rat but i think the Korean (?) paddy field rat crispy fried on a stick looks rather tasty. :)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2010, 08:38 »
during the siege of Malta I believe rats were on the menu - and remember Gino cooked rat in the jungle last year. If you are starving you will be surprised as to what you will eat  :ohmy:
Staffies are softer than you think.

juliec

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 10:07 »
Whilst on the thread of what creatures we eat eat themselves, dont forget thet the largest shell fish, shrimps, prawns mussles etc  all used to be caught near to the sewer outlet pipes.

Give it a go and let us know what its like.  We can only try these things, As you say the thais used to (and probably still do eat dog) us British feel skweemish about this as we see them as mans best friend. 

Didnt realise that foxes smell either,

Love this site always learning!!

Paul Plots

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 16:31 »
during the siege of Malta I believe rats were on the menu - and remember Gino cooked rat in the jungle last year. If you are starving you will be surprised as to what you will eat  :ohmy:

I've not tried it but apparently Axminster Carpet has more protein than the same weight of best beef!

(A mine of useless facts, me.)  :blink:

jinty1911

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 18:47 »
Maybe it's just the coat that smells?  :unsure:
Jinty

NormandyMary

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2010, 18:49 »
Im sure our local foxes would have the distinct flavour of CHICKEN!

Thrift

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 22:44 »
Maybe it's just the coat that smells?  :unsure:
Jinty

It's the extremely potent scent gland that gives that distinctive aroma ..... badgers smell very similar and we all know about tomcats! ::)

penninehillbilly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 23:38 »
I think the fox would have to be (one of the) the last edible thing on earth before I'd try it.
A friend can smell where they have been, it's the scent marking gland, don't know whether it would get into the meat though
as to eating carnivores, don't they eat (pet?) dogs in some countries?
did think of eating a grey squirrel we shot, close up it looked too much like a rat and not that heavy, decided I wasn't that desperate and buried it

xx
Secret Corn Tarts Recipe (not anymore)

Started by Aidy on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post May 21, 2018, 20:35
by Aidy

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 44 queries.