Allotment Associations

• 6 Replies

neal

Allotment Associations
« on: February 18, 2008, 20:42 »
Apart from the NSALG dose any member know of another national allotment body. Our association are looking at alternatives for the coming year. As our site fees for the NSALG are now approaching £250 for the year.

noshed

Allotment Associations
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 21:53 »
Not sure but we're trying to set up a trading hut at the moment and most of the companies seem happy to deal with us direct. The council have joint meetings periodically so all we would get from NAALG (!) would be insurance, which we can arrange seperately.
Our site isn't very clubbable anyway - we're more Mediterranean really. No prize leeks.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

gobs

Allotment Associations
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 06:08 »
I'm sure, there is another organisation, can't remember what it's called though, google likely names.

Also, look at your insurance, do you need all that we are paying a lot less. :)
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

compostqueen

Allotment Associations
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:57 »
I would get yourselves joined up to NSALG or whoever.  It's not just about insurance it's about protection.  You might need them come the day when your council or landowner tries to flog your lotties from under you. You'll realise the value of being affiliated to one of the allotment organisations then.

jimroden

• Experienced Member
Allotment Associations
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 12:58 »
NSALG are worth their weight in gold they have sorted out or problem on our plot STAY AWAY FROM THIS OUTFIT http://www.theallotmentsandgardenscounciluk.org.uk
This is run buy a chap called REG KNOWLES we all pay into this debacle it is supposed to cover the entire site for disputes and be there as an adviser. When we had all our trouble with our secretary and her husband follow the link http://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/viewtopic.php?p=172613#172613 he took the side of the sectary due to her paying our sub's to him and offered no help just hindrance to the other 80 people who needed his help I ended up using NSALG who were perfect if I do say so myself they offered to take up the case of 30 people that had a grievance with the secretary all off my price and wow did they come up trumps.
O and no insurace cert has ever been sent to the assosiation

SHAME ON YOU KNOWLES scruffy looking person

Jim
Dont tell lies you get in trouble

compostqueen

Allotment Associations
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 15:05 »
Sounds like they gave you a good service too. Hope they help us win our fight. It won't be for the want of trying  :)

neal

Allotment Associations
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 20:18 »
It's not all down to the cost of the NSALG a few of the older generation are up in arms over the total yearly cost which has increased by 50% :shock: They are taking of cutting the costs by opting out of the NSALG to save £2.  :roll:  This will leave the rest of us in awkward position. The NSALG will not entertain the rest of us It's all in or all out
with them or join them as individual members @£15 a go plus insurance. I believe that for £2 we get good value for our money cheap seeds being one reason and more than pays the fee. Then we have the racing pidgeon clan with no intrest or reason to join.
 So there we have it all partys lose out we will end up with no benifits that the NSALG can offer. And they lose a site of approximatly 100 plots. Beggers belief at times. :roll:

xx
New Allotment

Started by Digger the Dog on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post January 17, 2018, 18:45
by sunshineband
xx
Flowers on an allotment

Started by Ma Lowe on General Gardening

22 Replies
Last post March 09, 2014, 08:53
by blackberryjam
xx
Best allotment flower

Started by Jamie Butterworth on General Gardening

13 Replies
Last post February 13, 2011, 11:25
by iggyboy60
xx
Allotment Book

Started by scentedstock on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post January 20, 2008, 09:19
by WG.

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 39 queries.