What do you think???

• 19 Replies

wildeone

What do you think???
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 10:08 »
Thanks for your suggestions the thing i'm really undecided about is tomatoes i've only got a 6x4 lean to green house so what do you think?

Has anyone tried the hanging basket tomatoes? I'm tempted .... i grew sungolds delight cherry toms last year (not a hanging basket variety) and they were amazing so sweet and tasty that my daughter who was 14 months at the time would raid the greenhouse and eat as many as she could before i'd catch her!!!!

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
What do you think???
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 10:12 »
Tomatoes grow well outside also, but obviously planted later. Main problem is blight. Wiped out all those on my plot last year, no problems with the greenhouse ones at home though.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Fenland Girl

• Experienced Member
What do you think???
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 11:51 »
Courgette Defender has done me proud for several years - really high yield, lovely shiny dark green, keep cropping for ages! And taste lovely too of course!  :D

Sally A

What do you think???
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 12:39 »
Quote from: "wildeone"
Thanks for your suggestions the thing i'm really undecided about is tomatoes i've only got a 6x4 lean to green house so what do you think?

I'll be doing money maker and a couple of gardeners delight in the greenhouse, and I've saved Roma seeds for an outdoor trial with a few more gardeners delight.

Also found a packet of alicante seed, sure I'll squeeze them in somewhere when greenhouse No 2 gets sides on it.

gobs

What do you think???
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 14:02 »
Quote from: "wildeone"

Outdoor cucumbers and corgettes can go outside and then all greenhouse is left for toms and peppers, maybe some herbs. That's what I'd do.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 38 queries.