My dog Honey

• 96 Replies

Springlands

Re: My dog Honey
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 12:45 »
Not a nutter Liveinhope - you just a big heart.  :)

Bizzi Lizzi

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 16:37 »
What wonderful stories and comments about everyone's animals.

All my cats and dogs have been other people's cast-offs, but everyone has been loved and well cared for, Honey being the latest! 

She's doing much better today, a bit whiney but hey, she's a girl!  The long scar down her neck looks a little angry but she's on pain killers and anti-biotics and sees the vet again on Monday.  Whatever happens she has had a good and loving life with me and my family, something the previous "owners" weren't prepared to give her.

Will post photos soon.

Livinhope

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 17:37 »
Delighted to hear she's recovering.  Animals seem to do it better than we do.

Pretty Chick

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 18:08 »
It's great to hear Honey's on the mend :happy: :) Can't wait to see the photos ;) :)
All lives are precious.

twissle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 19:42 »
I'm glad she's feeling better :). I'm about to start fostering springer's just waiting for the home check to be done. I've got 4 dog's and the last one is a rescue, Don't no how people can give em up :wacko:

Livinhope

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 19:50 »
, Don't no how people can give em up :wacko:
Neither do I.  Can you imagine what they must feel?    What do they think?  They must wonder what they've done and what's happening.   My daughter bought a young horse, 2 year old, about 7 weeks ago, a mare, seems highly intelligent, and after a very tentative start, wanting to please and trying to do things right,  she now follows my daughter everywhere and wants to be close to her when she's at the yard.  She went from breeder at 1 yo to a girl who had her for a year then sold her on to my daughter.   I get the impression she does everything to please in case she gets moved on again.  No chance.

twissle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 20:08 »
, Don't no how people can give em up :wacko:
Neither do I.  Can you imagine what they must feel?    What do they think?  They must wonder what they've done and what's happening.   My daughter bought a young horse, 2 year old, about 7 weeks ago, a mare, seems highly intelligent, and after a very tentative start, wanting to please and trying to do things right,  she now follows my daughter everywhere and wants to be close to her when she's at the yard.  She went from breeder at 1 yo to a girl who had her for a year then sold her on to my daughter.   I get the impression she does everything to please in case she gets moved on again.  No chance.
Aww my dog's like that bless her she didn't even no how to play when we first got her it was heart breaking to see. Oh and they forgot to tell me she wasn't house train and couldn't be left on her own.she's doing so well now though and she's here to stay.

Livinhope

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 21:51 »
Yes, I forgot the not knowing how to play, but I'm a good teacher.

Bizzi Lizzi

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 09:19 »
Took Honey back to the vets yesterday and is a bit concerned that the wound isn't healing very well and weeping quite a bit.  She's also irritated the surrounding skin very badly.  It looks awful.  Bathing the wound and also applying steroid cream to the surrounding area.  Have spent four out of five nights on the floor with her and my lovely daughter did the fifth.  Haven't been anywhere, just been by her side.

She's quite chipper considering and certainly not off her food (hence the nickname "Fatlass") but it's going to be a long process.

Back to the vets tomorrow for another check up.

Was chatting at work about her and two of my colleagues said that they would have had her put down.  These so-called animal lovers also keep dogs.  It's cost me a fortune, we've cancelled our holidays, we're tied in, we're tired and a bit mis but I wouldn't ever consider not giving her a chance of life - have I got this wrong?

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 09:28 »
nope, you are doing what most of us would do. It's easy them saying what they would do but you can only assume they have not been in the same situation.
Hope she starts to heal up soon xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

Bizzi Lizzi

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 09:38 »
nope, you are doing what most of us would do. It's easy them saying what they would do but you can only assume they have not been in the same situation.

Thanks for the encourgement and the good wishes.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 09:55 »
Exactly my thoughts, it's very easy to say when it's someone else's dog. You know your own dog best and it's nobody else's business.

Sending positive healing thoughts Honey's way.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 10:03 »
What an awful thing for your colleagues to say! >:(

My best wishes to you and Honey!

:)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Bizzi Lizzi

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 10:04 »
It sounds as if I'm going a bit OTT over my dogs but two years ago I found my mother dead, my aunt died of terminal cancer three months later and my Downs Syndrome uncle was put into care by my two remaining aunts - all three lived with me, my husband and my daughter and I was their sole carer.  Since this time I've had the very loneliest and deeply depressing of times and my dogs are my constant companions and have heard me scream, cry and laugh.  They listen to my rantings and follow me everywhere including into the garden, my other great love, so I feel that I owe them as much loyalty as they have shown me.

Sounds so depressing and yes it has been but we're getting there and I've still got a sense of humour!!!

twissle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 10:09 »
I was told the same by people when my girl had her op for the twisted gut :mad:. God's she was only just a yr. Or one said why didn't you leave her till the morning, She would have been dead. Hope Honey feel's better soon, Big hugg's to you and your daulter your doing a great job :D

xx
Our first honey harvest.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post October 16, 2022, 11:41
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Comb Honey-Any advice?

Started by Becky-Lou on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post August 04, 2013, 14:37
by Kate and her Ducks

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 38 queries.