Haircuts

• 9 Replies

mrs bouquet

Haircuts
« on: January 25, 2021, 16:51 »
My very short spiky hair was getting too long, not been cut since end of November, early December.   I asked my daughter who is a hairdresser to trim it for me.  As usual I got the same bolshie answer.     So, I thought i'll do it myself.   When I used to show my dogs I always groomed them my self.  Went to dog cupboard and found special dog coat thinning scissors.    Went to bathroom and when finished  I was pleased.   However, I forgot to put on a gown.  Hair was stuck in my jumper and four layers under that.   This morning it has all gone in the wash.   But I decided it wasn't right around my ears, so had another go, stripped right of to knickers.
What a result, I am so pleased with my talent, but it is a good job there wasn't a fly on the wall :lol:
I have paid for a lot worse  >:(     Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Haircuts
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 17:19 »
Mine is better in some places than others  :lol: but never mind - at the moment I rarely go out for anyone to notice  ::)

jaydig

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 17:27 »
Many years ago I decided that I was fed up with paying a hairdresser to ignore my requests as per the length or style of the cut, and having to wash my hair as soon as I got home after paying for a blow dry. I cut mine at home all the time now with the kitchen scissors.  It may not be perfect, and probably isn't perfectly level at the back but it's no worse than I used to pay a lot of money for.  Well done, Mrs B.  You won't look back after doing it yourself, and at least you can cut it when YOU want, and don't have to spend time waiting your turn, although you have an appointment, and having to travel on days when you might have better things to do with your time.

Christine

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 09:12 »
Wouldn't mind the chance of a haircut at the hairdressers just for something to do. This lockdown is getting boring.  :lol:

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 10:32 »
 both the wife and me needed a haircut so as my Daughter was a  trained hairdresser we though as we where aloud to visit one day at Christmas she mite  offer to cut our hair if i recall it was mentioned once but as we only had the one day i think haircutting  was conveniently forgotten about only having the one day no haircut

we hadn't had a trim since she came to visit us on fathering Sunday so with our village barbers shop closed the wife said my hair was getting to long so she would have a go at cutting it  :ohmy: so i bit the bullet and with Electric clippers in hand she started to cut my hair well I'm sure you've heard of the term short back and sides well when she finished cutting I looked like an American GI you could say it was pretty short

but the upside was i felt better for having it cut or scalped which ever way you take it well at least i wont need another haircut for some time yet and thank god for that woolly hat  :D

jezza

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 10:18 »
Hello as were allowed to be in the garden couldn't hair cutting be done out side,get someone to cut shrubs and whip hedge cutter over hair mising the lug holes of course  jezza

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 20:14 »
 :ohmy:
Nothing wrong with spikey hair dear  ;)
FB_IMG_1608221090194.jpg
FB_IMG_1603298834484.jpg
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 05:35 »
I sometimes cut Mrs Growster's hair, and years ago, bought some professional clippers, which make it easier if I'm doing my own...

They have the numbered combs, which stop the worst effects of inaccurate cutting, and the back is pretty difficult, but as long as I can make the sides give my glasses some space, I guess it's a result of sorts!

Trouble is, I like our hairdresser, and get much of the village chat from her, but of course, they're closed...

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 15:26 »
The last time I went to the hairdressers was well over a year ago, so what was then a shortish bob has grown so much it's now tied back into a pony tail along with various elasticated scrunchies and ribbons with little rabbit bows on them so it doesn't get in my face.  :lol:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

rowlandwells

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 16:37 »
if you could all hang on a couple of months the boys will be sheep shearing perhaps  you could bug um a couple of quid to run the cutters over :lol:

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 49 queries.