Ninja soup maker.

• 5 Replies

Goosegirl

Ninja soup maker.
« on: September 04, 2023, 09:26 »
My husband has Parkinson's with associated low blood pressure and can no longer eat a proper meal because his BP falls dramatically and he then falls. One of his regular carers recommended a Ninja soup maker as she uses one and it takes all the faff out of lots of preparation etc as you just bung all the ingredients in and set it off. Does anyone have one and which is the best to use. Any left from the day will be stored in a plastic container in the fridge for use the next day.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Ninja soup maker.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 12:50 »
Isn't it just a blender with a heating element?

I'd be asking myself,
Have I already got a blender (obviously you already have a cooker of some kind)
Is it worth buying another appliance to clutter up the kitchen?

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 13:30 »
I have seen them but I just create soup in my pressure cooker ( in less than 20 minutes) and then liquidise if required using a stick blender. This allows me to determine the thickness of the soup.
If you want to you could easily blend the portion for your husband but keep your portion unblended. As regards preparation this is no more than if you put the ingredients into a soup maker.
Keep digging

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 08:52 »
I'd be asking myself,
Have I already got a blender (obviously you already have a cooker of some kind)
Is it worth buying another appliance to clutter up the kitchen?
We only have a tiny blender and the cooker is a microwave/oven combo. He used to be a chef and butcher and is struggling to come to terms with the fact that he can't do what he used to do in the kitchen. Sometimes when he's part-way through making something he has to go back into the lounge and sit down as even simple things can get too much for him. We've actually ordered a Morphy Richards Total Control one as Which? gave it a great review so we'll see how it goes. 

edit to fix quote - Yorkie
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 18:20 by Yorkie »

wighty

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 17:12 »
I went to a client (Used to be a care manager at an agency)  and she had a soup maker.  I couldn't see any difference to making it in there to what I do in a saucepan and using a stick blender.  I understand what you are saying about a soup  maker does both jobs for you so cutting down on your        personal 'input' and I agree that he would still feel that he is 'making' the soup.    Please PM or is it now DM me if you need any 'care' suggestions, I would be pleased to help.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 08:50 »
It's arrived so today we'll get it out of the box and look at the destructions! Yes, we could do it in a saucepan and use a little electric blender stick thingy but would still need to keep an eye on the pan so it doesn't burn on the bottom, meaning OH or me would be going into the kitchen every 10 mins just to check on it. Thanks Wighty, will PM you.

xx
Soup maker

Started by LilacSandy on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

35 Replies
Last post October 22, 2012, 21:52
by Auntiemogs
xx
Soup maker

Started by Steveharford on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post October 23, 2013, 20:07
by Steveharford
xx
Jam maker

Started by Poolfield2 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

20 Replies
Last post July 06, 2009, 20:00
by Spacey
xx
Jelly with Jam Maker

Started by jodie44 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post September 28, 2009, 22:09
by Poolfield2

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 45 queries.