My new worm hotel

• 4 Replies

weeeed

My new worm hotel
« on: August 15, 2007, 22:50 »
Due to being laid up again I've done my usual card burnout! Has anyone got a worm hotel? I've set it up as per instructions, however I have the second layer and want to use it. I've put ripped up cardboard in the base, would it be alright to just put  compost mixed with water on top for the worms to bed down in?  Will my own worms do the same job as the ones I purchased? Early reply appreciated, (no early bird jokes or you'll be put on detention!) Thanks, Jan :?:  :idea:  :wink:
I know less today than I did yesterday, and I knew nothing then!

muntjac

My new worm hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 22:51 »
ur gonna be fine with ya worms . just add kitchen or veggie scraps . no meat or cooked . :wink:
still alive /............

Lynne

My new worm hotel
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 16:14 »
Don't forget to put in tea bags, coffee grounds, toilet roll holders etc as well as peelings. I have had my wormery a few years now and it's great for the garden (doesn't produce enough for the allotment). I also put any left over cooked pasta, rice and potatoes but not if they have any kind of sauce/butter/dressing on.
Lynne.

So much to do, but so little time.

weeeed

My new worm hotel
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 22:11 »
Thankyou for your replies, today I ventured into the local agling shop and asked if he sold tiger worms! Oh, yes, is it for your allotment? How did he know I don't fish? I love to  stir but I have never fished so he was right. Don't you just hate it when someone weighs you up and gets it right?! :lol:  :wink:

My new worm hotel
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 21:31 »
hi weed
can i ask - what made you buy the worm hotel over all the other designs, just wondering as i need to buy one as a gift

thanks
jane

xx
Worm castings??

Started by infowarrior on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post June 05, 2007, 22:54
by WG.
clip
Worm gears for tiller

Started by Sheldon92 on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post April 24, 2022, 11:41
by jezza

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 38 queries.