Wilko arch

• 3 Replies

Candide

• Experienced Member
Wilko arch
« on: March 13, 2022, 14:18 »
Just put one of these up - thin wall steel tubes joined with machine screws.
They'd got their jommetry wrong;  the curved tubes were far from making a semicircle.  materials flimsy so easy to bend into the right shape ( with kinks ).
So, reservations about it but you get what you pay for.  Will try growing squash up it and if necessary whack some stakes next to it to keep it upright.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Wilko arch
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 14:28 »
… you get what you pay for.

Indeed you do!

rowlandwells

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 19:41 »
we bought on of those micky mouse arches but not from Wilco another store same sort of thing I though well that's cheap but when was putting it together the steel seamed very thin never the less I put it up and we had a lovely clematis growing over it

so every things ok kept the clematis cut back trailing  on the arch then one windy autumn night I went up the garden next day to find the arch  : had snapped of and laid on the floor with the clematis in tatters so after a few words not to be repeated the arch went in the dustbin and the pieces of clematis in the garden waist  bin

I could have kicked myself because i was going make my own arch had some strong steel all I had to do was make the hoops then weld it all together so that's on my list things to do shortly I bet that won't snap of wind   :D

jezza

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 07:22 »
Hello I've put a couple of them arches up,they joined to gether with a push fit joint into a plastic bracket  then a small screw into the bracket,there wad a square piece on the bottom of each side that could be locked in place to adjust the height of the arch above ground level or bolted to a solid surface   ,
    jezza

xx
bean arch

Started by noshed on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 08, 2006, 00:47
by John
xx
wilko cheap plastic greenhouses

Started by monsta on Equipment Shed

15 Replies
Last post April 01, 2010, 23:34
by Paul Plots
xx
Wilko Micro Irrigation System 71pc - any good

Started by little sweetpeas on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post August 15, 2008, 11:52
by noshed

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 35 queries.