didn't she do well

• 13 Replies

rowlandwells

didn't she do well
« on: May 06, 2020, 22:05 »
we usually go to help my daughter on her allotment but because of the lock down we have been on lock down for 5 weeks and as my Daughters lives about 15 miles away from us and as she and my son in law where still at work all be it my Daughter has been working from home with three kids locked up and doing the shopping for us as we where on lock down

she was contacted by the allotments secretary to ask why she hadn't dug her allotments and that she would be at risk of loosing it if she didn't start to cultivate it asap she explained the reason's whey this had happened and that with out help its usually dug and planted before now

as she has been laid of from working at home this week she took it in her head to dig her plot come what may and spent two days clearing the weeds and digging the hole plot she told us she started at 6.30 on the allotments and sent us a photo of it completed and Gill the chap who has the allotment near her said she did very well and worked hard digging and that it looks very clean and tidy its a credit  to her he said

I'm hoping things will get a bit relaxed so we can get over and help her with the planting because i don't know how we stand to go to her allotments with the present rules ?  i know we are going to our own allotments daily but as i said its around 15 miles 30 round trip :unsure:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: didn't she do well
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 22:11 »
Sounds as though your daughter has done an amazing job in such as short period of time.

I don't think that driving that far to help on someone else's allotment would count as a good enough reason to travel that far for your exercise.  Better safe than sorry, even though your desire to help out is admirable.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 22:12 by Yorkie »
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 23:16 »
She did very well
Our allotment inspections are suspended during the lockdown.
Sounds to me like the secretary need a rocket up the behind.

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 06:33 »
My sons site have also suspended inspections during lockdown.  Seems a bit mean given the circumstances.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 06:46 »
Our Allotment inspections are on hold, but I do wish they’d look at the one next to mine! A lovely chap had it but never fully worked it in all the years I've been there, he gave it up this year as he moved away. His son has been allowed to take it on & has done practically nothing. Rumour has it he is a Dr & of course is very busy but when I met him there once he didn’t look to have much idea, so I think it’s going to carry on in the same vein as the last 12 years.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 14:24 »
johnjsdb. In this great time of trial may GG suggest said secretary should be kidnapped forthwith and given two choices. If you want a raise we could stick a Roman candle up her bum, light the blue touch-paper, then retire to a safe distance. The other option is to sabotage her typewriter then give her the bill for the Tippex.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Christine

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 16:40 »
Or send her to me. I need a secretary with that sort of attitude to help me liaise with the town council here. I could keep her attitude going for a good three months. She'd be a lot more delicate in her customer relations after that.  ;) :)

And I could get on with the more mundane stuff that needs doing.

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 16:53 »
Just curious how the secretary's gender became known!

rowlandwells

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 19:54 »
he has an allotment not to far from my daughters plot but the silly thing is there are other allotments that haven't been done and when challenged he replied that he was looking into those and he was told by another plot holder those plots wasn't done properly last year and that one plot holder actually sprayed one plot with roundup because it was so bad?

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 23:00 »
Not a her then, still seems a nasty thing to do to me, best increase the propulsion method as sugested by GG
 or a report to the Parish if that is approriate.

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2020, 14:06 »
No inspections here this year due to virus. I have done some work on the plot but cautious about going often due to crowds.
Keep digging

rowlandwells

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2020, 20:30 »
the wife and me bit the bullet and went over to my daughters allotments today there where some other plot holders there but we where all social distancing we planted all her potatoes and onions and cultivated the rest of the plot because its all set with onions and potatoes there's only a small patch left to plant so its all tidy [Mr Allotments Secretary]

some of the plot holders commented how quick the plot had been set in only a few days  from when my daughter finished digging the plot

the only downside was I got up I  mean the wife got me up at 5.30 to get over there for seven 0 clock  loosing all that shuteye  :D :D

Missey

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 09:04 »
Glad she got it sorted but sorry to hear they added the pressure of eviction in these times

GraciesGran

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 17:56 »
Do you think being unpleasant is part of the job description?  Perhaps it's one of the questions they ask before you get appointed?

xx
Like being punished for something you didn't do...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

19 Replies
Last post August 11, 2021, 17:24
by al78
xx
You didn't scam me - ha!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 11:54
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 46 queries.