Yippeeee, another year over

• 7 Replies

Babstreefern

Yippeeee, another year over
« on: December 12, 2009, 16:52 »
I've just finished the last of my jobs on the allotment :D.  I can now relax :D :D.  This time last year, I was digging for England as I'd swapped plots, and this new one needed a good overall, but now, aaaahhhh, I'm just running a nice hot bath and will completely relax :D.  Then in a couple of weeks, it will start again, by sowing my seed onions and leeks ;).  Oh well, no peace for the wicked 8)
Babs

Christine

Re: Yippeeee, another year over
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 17:47 »
Ain't that just the life of a gardener then?

All your jobs? No compost heap to turn? No pots to scrub? No shed to tidy? No greenhouse to clean?

Could you come up and turn my compost heaps please?  ;)  :lol:

SG6

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 17:49 »
So the weeds have 19 days to grow and take over the allotment then. :unsure: :unsure:

They only need half that time or even less. :D :D :D

Babstreefern

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 18:27 »
Well, up to now I've had no weeds, especially not the same scale as in the summer.  And no jobs.  Greenhouses were cleaned last month; I must admit, I never turn the compost.  I let the worms keep mulching away (or whatever they do), I dig out from underneath when I use, so the top drops down and more is added on top - bit like a rotation system.  My OH tided the shed today, because at long last the ladder that we bought (the ones that come in different types - you can have two A frames with a metal bit on top so you can stand on it, that type of one), its been in our porch for months, now that Christmas is here, he decided to shift it at long last, so he had to find room in the shed, and hence him tidying it. :D :D

DavidT

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 19:46 »
[quote author=Babstreefern .  My OH tided the shed today, because at long last the ladder that we bought (the ones that come in different types - you can have two A frames with a metal bit on top so you can stand on it, that type of one), its been in our porch for months, now that Christmas is here, he decided to shift it at long last, so he had to find room in the shed, and hence him tidying it. :D :D
[/quote]

See Babs, patience IS a virtue. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Babstreefern

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 21:16 »
Oh most definitely, and he had to shift it because we wouldn't be able to get the tree in - which, at this very moment in time, is still in the car. :D :D  which means he will be cleaning it tomorrow!! ;)

DavidT

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 21:39 »
The tree or the car?

Babstreefern

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 16:41 »
Oh most definitely the car - and he did, got the tree out and vacuumed the car.  I've just this minute finished dressing the tree, so I'm having a bath because I'm so sticky with sap.  They're great trees where we get them, the needles don't drop (Christmas tree from last year still had its needles on it at Easter, although they had turned brown) - very impressive.

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 35 queries.