New to this forum? Not sure how to do things? Check out the help

introducing myself

• 4 Replies

appleyard

introducing myself
« on: September 24, 2015, 14:08 »
Hi

New to the site so thought I might provide a little background about myself. I am near retirement age, live on The Levels in Somerset and have been a veg grower for nearly 45 years. I have had allotments in Stoke on Trent, Bognor Regis and now near Langport. I have also been an avid smallholder/small farmer for many years in West Wales. As well as growing food, I have also run a small, p/t food smoking business, a wine business and now have plans to use produce that I grow as part of a new enterprise we are setting up in Somerset.

I have also grown food on a property in the Charente region of France. My long term plan was to live in this idyllic place permanently but that is now not going to be possible. The future of this property with its huge potential to grow lovely crops maybe an issue that I post about later on.

Fairy Plotmother

Re: introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 14:29 »
Welcome Appleyard and good luck with your ventures.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 18:55 »
Welcome to the site  :D

If you pop your general location into your forum profile, we'll remember whereabouts you are - often useful when chatting about growing stuff  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Baldy

• Hey Ho Lets Grow!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 19:11 »
Aye, good luck with your latest venture.
(You have an advantage over most in that you are in the second best county in the UK in my opinion...)  ;)

Pip pip,
Balders

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 20:43 »
Welcome , and good luck.

Yes, the second best county.  All I will say is look where they built Stonehenge , where the tallest spire is -  404 ft where you  would  find the 'Magic Roundabout'  a short distance from Swindon FC . Also home to the iconic Box tunnel.

I used to live in the  county next door , the West Country is a lovely part of the world .

we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 39 queries.