Sitting but no egg

• 1 Replies

beulah59

• Experienced Member
    • Hen Keeper
Sitting but no egg
« on: October 03, 2009, 08:48 »
One of our ex-batts, with us five weeks now, often goes up into the nest box and sits there for a while, but I've not had an egg from her for quite a few days now. I've checked her vent and there's no sign of an egg, and she's not off-colour in any way.

I take it she may simply have stopped laying? We had a few odd eggs that I thought might be hers a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I can't be sure, but I don't think she's laid ... we have four ex-batts and I'm getting a regular three eggs a day, but she's the only one who sits on the one side of the nest box and I haven't found an egg over there for a while.

Any thoughts?
two daughters, nine hens, two goldfish, three cats ...

dizzylizzie

Re: Sitting but no egg
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 08:55 »
henrietta does exactly the same...she had stopped laying in the day, then we had an egg in the nest box every morning when they were let out of the coop, and now we've had nothing for a week or so.....she'll go into the nest box, sits for ages, then makes a huge fuss like she's laid.....but nothing! she even goes into the nest box with olive and announces her egg! she is absolutely fine...the healthiest of them all really, so if your girl is fine, isnt egg bound  etc i would keep an eye on her, but try not to worry :)

xx
Hen sitting

Started by nerdle on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post February 11, 2012, 12:07
by ANHBUC
xx
one hen sitting down

Started by naughty nick on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post November 27, 2008, 17:37
by mumsy
xx
dog sitting

Started by dollybird on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post October 12, 2010, 14:01
by dollybird
xx
Duck sitting

Started by jamima on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 16, 2011, 18:10
by jamima

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 38 queries.