Good-quality rigid Cell-Trays (An enquiry)

• 4 Replies

mike2006

« on: April 11, 2008, 16:40 »
There's a Horticultural wholesaler who supplies strong Propagation cell Trays to the nursery industry. They used to offer them in the Amateur Gardener 10 years back (from which I bought some) but currently they're only available in cases of 25 of one cell size. They're lovely trays, stated to last 8 years with care, and much better than the flimsy inserts usually offered.

Each tray measures 20" x 13" (520mm x 330mm) larger than the average seed tray,  and are in the following sizes:

77cells (square) @ 40x40x50mm deep
54cells (round)  @ 50mm diam. x54mm deep
35cells (round)  @ 58mm diam. x 63mm deep

Links to pictures of the trays are here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/mike_jw/77cell40x40x50mm.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/mike_jw/54cell50mmdiamx54mm.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/mike_jw/35cell58mmdiamx63mm.jpg

The company has offered to supply me with a case each. Obviously I don't need 25 trays of each size. So, if I bought a case of each and retained 5 for my own use, would any members be interested in buying the other 20 of each from me (split between members - not the whole lot). They'll be strictly non-profit making - if I wanted to make money I'd put them on Ebay!

They'll probably go for under £3 each depending on the exact amount I'm charged by the company for delivery.  There's two limitations however; they'll only be 20 of each size available (I don't wish to order them by the hundred!), and the offer is only open to members residing within the Greater London area. Because I don't want to add to the the price by repacking them and adding secondary postage, I'm willing to deliver the trays for free  (It won't cost me a penny with my Freedom Pass).

I'm looking for viable offers so I can go ahead and place an order from the company.  Anyone be interested?

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 13:11 »
Just to add that Mike has passed this offer through the Mod team and it has been given the OK, as Mike assures us that this is not a profit making exercise more of a cost sharing one.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

neil1967

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 15:41 »
As the offer is only open to members in the greater london area it would be useful to know the name of the company or their web site for these to be ordered direct by members in other regions that may want to purchase in the box quantities stated. I know i'd be interested.

Neil

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 15:57 »
Quote from: "neil1967"
As the offer is only open to members in the greater london area it would be useful to know the name of the company or their web site for these to be ordered direct by members in other regions that may want to purchase in the box quantities stated. I know i'd be interested.

Neil

I know two wests do something similar but higher price, have a look at their link in our allotment shop  :D

mikem

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 18:24 »
In case I cause a probem I haven't put in the name of the company I got mine from, however they sell "Teku Plug Trays"
28 cells 60mm round cells
35 cells 45mm round cells
42 cells 50mm round cells
and more up to 230 cells

in packs of 5 all for £3.65

I got the 35 cell ones and they are OK, even filled with compost and plants I can still lift them without the thing breaking.   I don't know what the others are like.  They are not 'solid' plastic like you get in gravel trays but are better than the ones that crumple in your hands!

If the moderator is happy I will put on the name of the mail order company, if not you will have to try googling and you should find it!

xx
cell trays

Started by Eightball on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post February 28, 2014, 19:15
by gavinjconway
xx
Radish in cell trays?

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post April 11, 2015, 14:16
by Bohobumble
xx
How do I grow cabage seelings in large cell trays?

Started by mountainvicar on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 27, 2009, 16:46
by mountainvicar
xx
Seeds on Ebay shop - cheap cheap for good quality ...

Started by gavinjconway on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post September 28, 2011, 20:55
by radiohead

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 33 queries.