Noisy Girl

• 19 Replies

Caralou

Re: Noisy Girl
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 14:16 »
One of mine is really noisy with "get me out" in the morning, "I'm about to lay an egg", I have layed an egg" and every time she sees me - or anyone for that matter - she squarks away.
Thankfully my neighbours two houses in both directions are fine with the noise. There are ducks and a cockerell nearby who make far more noise (a long with lots of children who make as much noise as the chooks from dusk till dawn!), and at least I give all the close neighbours eggs as compensation (the kids love coming to collect them from two houses down, which is lovely to watch).
Until I had the chooks I only spoke/knew next door, but they have actually got me to know more of the neighbours which is great. You may be surprised that even neighbours you thought were antisocial actually like the sound of the chooks and the free eggs that come with them  :)

bunch29

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 20:55 »
I did actually see one of my neighbours this morn and she said she grew up in the country and actually loves the sound which is good, so I went in and got her a box of eggs and told her we always have lots so will give her some whenever we have too many. I dont know about the otherside yet cos they are a bit wierd to be honest but if I can catch them I will ask, she has been a bit better at the mo too not too noisey.

Fingers crossed ;)

Spadefighter

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 22:30 »
Seems to be a pattern emerging here, one chicken makes all the noise. Delia is my noisy one, have asked the neighbours if it bothers them and so far they say no. Am slightly worried by the onset of summer though as the hens will be out longer and the neighbours windows will be open.

niknik

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 11:46 »
Yep, just sat at my computer now and they are at it again.  We have had probs with soft eggs which are being 'stolen' and eaten, but I got there first today :tongue2:, the girls must have been distracted by my coming back from dog walking and I got it out.  I think the noise winds me up more than the neighbours.

compostqueen

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 13:08 »
if something is stealing the eggs maybe the girls noise is alarm at whatever it is nicking the eggs, eg magpies. Just a thought :)

If I hear a lot of noise from my hens I always go out and investigate and it's usually a pigeon or pheasant. or next doors cat. Or a ferret as happened recently  :ohmy:

xx
Noisy girl :)

Started by zoggett on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 10, 2014, 13:55
by Elvira
xx
noisy girl

Started by lucylou on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post January 29, 2010, 21:27
by francais
xx
How to keep a noisy girl quiet . . . .

Started by Skywise on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 31, 2012, 20:55
by chookboy
xx
very noisy hen

Started by DavenJu on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 21, 2011, 09:55
by Beakybird

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 38 queries.