Idiots!!!

• 76 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Idiots!!!
« on: April 07, 2020, 13:00 »
My daughter lives in a small village near to us, Talysarn , and yesterday there was a couple from Kenilworth and another couple from Yorkshire knocking on doors looking for a holiday let in her street. Before they got up close and personal to have a good chat with each other. Police informed and the tourists looked shocked at the response from locals.
Lots of walkers around as well and some moron heading up to the quarry pool with diving equipment.
She tells me there are facebook groups on what routes to use to go to second homes avoiding the police too. And someone put the mountain rescue at risk as they decided to stroll up Snowdon and had an accident, requiring rescue.

Honestly, the selfishness and stupidity of these people beggars belief. Some of the locals are really on the edge of drastic actions now with these people. I can see someone is going to get a free visit to hospital or worse soon. One person was restraining her son from going out to smash their car windows and probably them too.

So many people are trying to help others and being careful to follow the rules - which are designed to keep us all safer - but £30 fines are not working. They need to be really upped to £1000 or prison. I'd shoot them with indelible dye too. Then we know they're not worth wasting NHS time on since they're brain dead already.

Goosegirl

Re: Idiots!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 13:37 »
To see if they are truly brain-dead I'd suggest something called trepanning which is an ancient technique that  doesn't involve any anaesthesia. If they're still breathing after that they won't be having any walkies for a long time.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 14:11 »
I suppose, you'd need to actually locate a brain first, Goosey, rather than waste time looking for one.
The sort of mental lightweights who do this sort of maniacal thing are the 'victims' of tomorrow.

Even the local TV stations are telling them to behave, but when you see these idiots having barbecues on Brighton beach, you know you're in for the long haul...

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 14:29 »
Why doesn't the fire brigade get their hoses out? Not only would it prevent the under-cooked chicken thighs or sausages leading to a dose of Salmonella, but would also leave them in some need of loo-rolls!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 15:25 »
You would think a chief medical officer would not be numbered with the idiots who thought the guidelines did not apply to them.  :wacko:

jaydig3

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 15:40 »
The government should have come down hard and fast on anyone flouting the lockdown rules right from the beginning.  Making an example of those who chose not to follow the rules might have deterred the rest. I agree with every word already posted.
Perhaps an apt punishment would be 100 hours of community service on the COVID-19 wards without any PPE. They think they are immune, let's see if they are.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 15:42 »
You would think a chief medical officer would not be numbered with the idiots who thought the guidelines did not apply to them.  :wacko:

The Chief Medical Officer in New Zealand has done something similar (seems to be catching!  ::))
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 17:21 »

The Chief Medical Officer in New Zealand has done something similar (seems to be catching!  ::))

Good grief.  “Do as I say... not as I do”.  A very Victorian outlook... certainly not appropriate for the 21st century.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 18:59 »
Well the rescue helicopter went chugging over earlier towards Snowdon. I'd have sent an Apache and used the idiots for target practice. We've had some lovely weather here and would like nothing more than a stroll along the beach which we can actually see although it's 5 miles away. My daughter couldn't even take the grandsprog out for a run off the lead outside the door because there are too many people walking around, playing footie on the green etc. He's terrified we're going to die if he comes near us.
I rarely vent my anger here but these people are just ... well you know what I'm thinking.

rowlandwells

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 19:32 »
your absolutely rite John people just won't listen we see people exercising there dogs in the fields next us and they stop and talk to each other :mad: not at a safe distance

when will people get the message stay home and only go out when its necessary taking the dog avoid close contact an as for folks trying to do holidays what planet are they on putting everyone at risk including themselves

I'm not going to say what i would do with those no brainers Wales is one of the best places to visit in the world  but not now tell them go home John and close the welsh boarder

wighty

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 20:11 »
We had some customers in the shop the first weekend of the 'lockdown'.  They admitted they were here to their 'holiday home'.  We refused to serve them and they said they were going to sell up when they could as  we weren't the place 'they thought we were'.  Tough, us Islanders look after our own. It sounds selfish, I know.  But we want to get through this.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 20:26 »
You should have offered them a tenner for it!!!
Second homers aren't hugely popular anywhere I know of.  All they do is push property prices up further and they add very little to the local economy - popping into the village shop for something they forgot to pack being about it for many.

Growster...

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 20:46 »

Good grief.  “Do as I say... not as I do”.  A very Victorian outlook... certainly not appropriate for the 21st century.

Little people' an' that...

Problem methinks with the mindset of some vacuous individuals!

Growster...

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2020, 20:49 »
You should have offered them a tenner for it!!!
Second homers aren't hugely popular anywhere I know of.  All they do is push property prices up further and they add very little to the local economy - popping into the village shop for something they forgot to pack being about it for many.

That's why gorgeous places like Salcombe will wither and die unfortunately.

My oldest business chum was so proud to have a small place there, as part of a legacy.

He sold up when the place died, and is now back to his roots where he is so happy with his lot!

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2020, 20:56 »
From BBC news pages today.

Walsall dad fined for son flouting lockdown.

A father has been fined by police after his son persistently flouted the coronavirus lockdown rules.

The boy had been out three times in the Blakenall area of Walsall in the West Midlands before a police warning was issued to his father.

But as the father was unable to prevent his son leaving the house for a fourth time, West Midlands Police said it had "no option" but to issue a fine.

The force said the boy was also abusive to an officer on one occasion.

If he is found outdoors again the fine could be doubled and reach a total of £960, officers said.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 54 queries.