Fox attack

• 16 Replies

too many girls

Re: Fox attack
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 11:47 »
we had a rogue fox last year, i think he must have been dispatched one way or another as he hasn't been back, a few weeks ago the local hunt drew the wood next to our farm and foxes spilled out all over, hounds were off in every direction, last week someone thoughtfully left 4 dead foxes at our farm gate, they had all been shot, my point being my birds free range the farm, none are penned up, yet i haven't lost one to a fox since last june, i expected to lose the odd one and just hoped it wouldn't be a favourite, we have about 80 birds of various breeds and sizes, and they are everywhere, i don't really understand how none of them have been taken.

8doubles

Re: Fox attack
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 15:34 »
we had a rogue fox last year, i think he must have been dispatched one way or another as he hasn't been back, a few weeks ago the local hunt drew the wood next to our farm and foxes spilled out all over, hounds were off in every direction, last week someone thoughtfully left 4 dead foxes at our farm gate, they had all been shot, my point being my birds free range the farm, none are penned up, yet i haven't lost one to a fox since last june, i expected to lose the odd one and just hoped it wouldn't be a favourite, we have about 80 birds of various breeds and sizes, and they are everywhere, i don't really understand how none of them have been taken.
Do you keep dogs ? The local 'country' foxes must recognise that dogs can be 'bad news' and give areas that smell of them a miss . Another theory is that a pair of foxes will leave local prey (normally rabbits) as easy targets to train the fox cubs with.

xx
omg fox attack

Started by ganner on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post March 31, 2012, 20:42
by RigsVilleBird
xx
Cat attack?

Started by Stewart P on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post November 30, 2013, 21:41
by barley
xx
Fox attack

Started by BarnBrian on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 18, 2009, 17:46
by Sweetbriar
xx
Fox attack

Started by danfinn1 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 18, 2016, 17:43
by danfinn1

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 35 queries.