soil excuse me if posted earlier

• 2 Replies

Sapphire

soil excuse me if posted earlier
« on: February 02, 2009, 11:06 »
Started my beds this weekend 3 in place at present hopeing for 10 in total 4ft by 8ft 12in deep covered in snow now, my soil is awful mostly clay bricks large stone junk vodka bottles empty I might add.  So I was thinking of purchasing top soil company in my area sell screened ton bags approx £39 is this a reasonable price and is screened the better option, how much would i need. Thank you for reading

Maria
Maria

CARROTTCRUNCHER

• THE START OF SOMETING GOOD...
Re: soil excuse me if posted earlier
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 13:55 »
Hi there sound like you got a bargain there for £39 a ton i would reckon you would need about five ton and if thats not enought see if you can get some good rotted cow muck to add in the winter, it will bulk up the beds if you dont have enough soil, and also he may do you a deal for buying that much soil, remember times are very hard for everyone now and i find people will deal a bit now to get the sale. I bought 4 ton for my plots but it was not screened but i knew where it came from so it was ok . i paid £200. As for the cow muck i also reckon if you got a cattle farm near to you go and see the farmer times have not been good for them and im sure if you aproach them right he would be happy to sell you some at the right price good luck CC.

Sapphire

Re: soil excuse me if posted earlier
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 15:57 »
Thanks for your reply carrot cruncher, as my patch is going to be in the middle of the car park I think I had better stay away frim the cow muck don't want them complaing about the smell. I have emailed the supplier of top soil may be can get price reduction order 5 tons that's what he is advertising anyway.
Thanks again
Maria

xx
excuse me while i do me dung.

Started by peabody on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post December 05, 2008, 07:54
by robbodaveuk
xx
Planting Maincrops Earlier

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 06, 2012, 18:22
by Salmo
xx
Comfrey - new article posted

Started by John on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post April 25, 2006, 20:59
by Jake
xx
Earlier greenhouse toms and pot size

Started by chimaera on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 27, 2010, 04:41
by Kristen

Page created in 0.353 seconds with 35 queries.