Blight
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 20:47 »
None where I am yet

You can check your area here:

Potato Blight Areas

Diggerpete

Blight
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 20:50 »
We seem to be free of it so far. Better than last year, we'd lost the lot by now.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Blight
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 20:54 »
Well, although it doesn't appear on the potato blight watch thingy in my area.  My early spuds were looking very sad, but yellowing leaves with small brown spots.  So I thought that's just the foliage dying down normally, but then today, my pink fir apple foliage is the same, and they aren't supposed to be ready yet!  Then I looked in the bag (a proper potato bag!) where I'd put the earlies I dug up a few days ago and some of them are rotten, although they were okay when I put them in there, and quite a few look green, although they are in a potato bag.  So I'm puzzled, but I had them in the greenhouse as I don't have a shed anymore, wondered if that would make things worse.

agapanthus

Blight
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 21:09 »
Our next door neighbour has blight in his garden.....mind you it's a very sheltered garden. Our potatoes are out in the wind and we hav'nt got any. Fingers crossed it stays that way!!!

Swing Swang

Blight
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 21:26 »
Got blight on my 'salad blue' potatoes; third week in May in Basingstoke. Heritage variety from Alan Romans.

They had really 'taken off' so I managed to get a reasonable crop of interesting blue tubers which roast really well, and look/taste great in salads when mixed with orange sweet-peppers (great colour contrast).

Had a look around the local allotments in June - no sign of blight there.

Visited about a dozen local 'open gardens' three weeks ago and spoke to a few veg-gurus - they'd not had any problems either.

Just plain unlucky. Next year I'm sticking to first earlies and Sarpo varieties.

Swing Swang

Diggerpete

Blight
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 21:35 »
You mentioning Alan Romans. I was visiting a freind in France (Normandy) the other week. She grows her own veg and her potatoes were looking a bit iffy, I would say going over rather than blight, she was advised to dig them all up, but I thought maybe leave itand see what happens(keep an eye on them). She gets all her spuds from Alan Romans.

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
Blight
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 09:39 »
Being new to growing veg etc I take it their leaves have brown patches and die off if you get blight and the potatos rot, am I correct?  I have some Saxon maincrop potatos that had brown spotted leaves so presumed it was blight and took all the leaves off and will be digging them up soon have I done the right thing?
40 hens, 8 cockerels, 3 dogs, 2 rabbits, 8 chinchillas, 2 teenage daughters and O/H

xx
Help - we have potato blight and tomato blight

Started by jlb664 on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post May 09, 2010, 08:26
by Kristen
xx
another blight maybe

Started by sawnee on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 06, 2009, 16:30
by gillie
xx
Blight

Started by garddwr bach on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 29, 2009, 00:09
by Salmo
xx
Help.... Is this blight?

Started by Snap Dragon on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post July 22, 2008, 22:14
by cawdor2001

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 37 queries.