Freezers – costs and savings

• 1 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Freezers – costs and savings
« on: November 11, 2022, 17:34 »
Being as the weather is so awful, I thought I’d share how we use our freezer to help us keep our head above water with inflation as it is. It’s not the first time we’ve gone through inflationary times and we learned a few tricks to help back in the 1970s / 80s.

Full article here
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

rowlandwells

Re: Freezers – costs and savings
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 17:53 »
yep, what you're saying John is very true and reading that article makes good sense we have 5 yes 5 freezers all brim full of mainly veg and fruit and some meat we are what I would call traditional eaters and yes, we are meat eaters, I like the cheaper cuts of meat like breast of lamb pork and bacon hocks or shanks liver and  harts belly pork if we buy a beef or lamb joint it last's us a couple of days I like home-made soup  all the veg chucked in including butternut squash pumpkin I got my wife to make a bacon and onion roll the other day lovely grub and there's nothing like a  good stew and dumplings on a wet winters day and nowadays fish and chips from the chip shop are luxury and wet fish is luxury to can't remember the last time I had kippers  :D

but I take your point John things are going up in the food line I noticed Auldi's prices are creeping up and cooking oils are one thing that's getting quite expensive and as we know when things get in short supply the price seems to shoot up as you say we have learned a few tricks from the 70s/80s   ;)

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 30 queries.