Thoughtless fellow allotmenteers

• 7 Replies

Lynne

« on: September 03, 2007, 16:46 »
I spent a great 3 hours at the plot today and was chatting to one of the old hands. He solved a mystery for me.

Some of you might have seen me write about how bad our plot was when we took it on. Not only had it been vandalised and left derelict for some years, but we had to have a full size skip to clear the rubbish. Now I could understand a lot of the rubbish - collasped greenhouse, broken glass, burnt down shed etc. But I was puzzled by the three ironing boards, 6 car wheels, old microwave, old cooker and other various household stuff.

Apparently, one plot holder ( a woman in her 60s I would guess) dumped it all on the plot and is also well known for helping herself to other people's produce. What I can't figure out is why she would do it - the council tip is actually closer to her than my plot is!

I'm on the look out now 8) I've only ever seen her there once and I go every day at the moment.
Lynne.

So much to do, but so little time.

jacnal

• http://jacnal.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 17:33 »
Oooh, shame on her - if she's the guilty one. You'd think though, a 60 year old would have pride in having a clean area around her. I understand the young teens to 20s dumping, but not a grown up! And the stealing - double shame on her!
Jac

Trying organic gardening. Hoping to stick to it.

wildeone

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 19:16 »
Some people really do shock me..... My OH says i'm too trusting but I tend to think that people wouldn't be that awful only to be proven wrong.... a lot! :cry:  :!:  :shock:

welsh boyo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 19:29 »
Theres an old fellow with a plot across from mine. his plot is in great condition with some lovely looking crops on it,

But hes got this terrible habit of when he tends it he just throws the weeds onto the path between his and mine (more on my side with some ending up on my plot)  
What gets my goat more is he has two plots on the site and after speaking to his other neighbours found out that he bags the weeds from that plot and removes them.
Also ive been warned that he allegedly likes to help himself to anything usefull you might leave on your plot. (netting,timber etc etc)

Theres some strange people about..
Sanity is just a playground for the un-imaginative

Only once the last tree has died, the last river poisoned and the last fish eaten will we realise that you cant eat money

mkhenry

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 19:56 »
Quote from: "welsh boyo"
Theres an old fellow with a plot across from mine. his plot is in great condition with some lovely looking crops on it,

But hes got this terrible habit of when he tends it he just throws the weeds onto the path between his and mine (more on my side with some ending up on my plot)  
What gets my goat more is he has two plots on the site and after speaking to his other neighbours found out that he bags the weeds from that plot and removes them.
Also ive been warned that he allegedly likes to help himself to anything usefull you might leave on your plot. (netting,timber etc etc)

Theres some strange people about..

The old vandal paint is what you need.
Leave something interesting in the middle of your plot coating some of it in this nondrying sticky paint.
Then if anyone trys to nick it they get covered.
They will never try to steal from you again :wink:
Some poor village is missing its Idiot
plus officially the longest ever occupier of the naughty step.
My Gardening and Growing Hints and Tips

wellingtons

Nowt so queer as folk ...
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 15:28 »
... I fear.

But if this woman has a "reputation" for doing this kind of thing, why is she still on site?  That kind of behaviour doesn't promote a happy community and she should be told that it's not on, and if she continues, be told to take a hike!

I did have a problem with one of my neighbouring plot holders because he thought I had complained about him having a trailer parked outside of his allotment.  I didn't complain about him at all, but when I challenged him about his bitching behind my back, I did explain to him that he was asked to move it, because it shouldn't have been there in the first place, not because someone had complained.

He's well known for his intolerant behaviour, but he is now on a final warning.  One more proven complaint about him and he's off the site ... he's been on his best behaviour for over a year now.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 16:25 »
So that's why he was such a pain in the a**e to you!!!   Stuid twit!!!

Heather_S

• http://www.stargazy.org/plants/allotment/
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 21:00 »
This is why there's an antisocial behaviour clause in the allotment contract we signed  :?  They've apparently had problems in the past so they reserve the right to evict.
wistfully hoping to one day be mostly organic gardener in North London.

xx
Can you help me identify this fellow.

Started by LivvyW on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 03, 2009, 19:33
by poultrygeist
thumbup
Hello allotmenteers!

Started by Tollund Man on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 09, 2011, 18:42
by Yorkie
recycled
Any London allotmenteers on here?

Started by missmoneypenny on Grow Your Own

25 Replies
Last post April 16, 2023, 23:34
by OakR
xx
Calling all allotmenteers!

Started by Shelle on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 05, 2007, 21:21
by Shelle

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 36 queries.