Dismantable cooker...

• 4 Replies

Growster...

Dismantable cooker...
« on: August 10, 2014, 17:08 »
We dearly want to get our cooker back to the original condition, but all the panels etc are just solidly bolted into the frame!

My way to design a cooker, would have been to make each panel, lid, section, tray etc, easily dismantable, so that it can get a a good clean without having to spend a day on one's hands and knees with the stuff which burns one's fingers to within a millimetre of one's bones!

So, who has one of these cookers, and where can we get one please..;0)

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
Re: Dismantable cooker...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 18:28 »
If you pay, you can get somebody to do the hands and knees stuff for you, might be more attainable than to find a well designed cooker. :nowink:
Anne

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 21:24 »
In the 'good old days' when they made cookers that lasted for more than 6 years - I had a cooker which had removable panels for all but the back of the oven. It meant they could be soaked overnight  :)
The back never got dirty - presumably the heat from the gas at the bottom melted any fat/burned off any splashed food.
I'm struggling to remember the brand, though  ???

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 06:06 »
If you pay, you can get somebody to do the hands and knees stuff for you, might be more attainable than to find a well designed cooker. :nowink:

Yes, there's a local firm which does this, but the thought of the dog barking all the time he was here, would drive us all mad!

Also, they're not cheap are they..;0)

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 06:10 »
In the 'good old days' when they made cookers that lasted for more than 6 years - I had a cooker which had removable panels for all but the back of the oven. It meant they could be soaked overnight  :)
The back never got dirty - presumably the heat from the gas at the bottom melted any fat/burned off any splashed food.
I'm struggling to remember the brand, though  ???

Funnily enough Mum, I can get the back panel off, and give that a good clean (it's a fan oven), but it's the roof of the actual oven which is so awkward!

The chrome bits aren't a problem, as they all go in the bag with the atomic powered gime-buster, but somehow, the grill and the oven never get really clean...

xx
Slow cooker

Started by Springlands on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

44 Replies
Last post March 10, 2012, 16:40
by madcat
xx
Pressure cooker

Started by titch on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

23 Replies
Last post February 06, 2010, 08:53
by Debz
xx
slow cooker

Started by greenjay on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

12 Replies
Last post May 20, 2021, 10:05
by Aled
xx
Help with slow cooker

Started by Spana on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

43 Replies
Last post March 19, 2012, 14:14
by tadpole

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 29 queries.