Jeyes fluid

• 3 Replies

treecol

Jeyes fluid
« on: April 02, 2009, 09:46 »
I've noticed on some posts. people suggesting coops etc are scrubbed out with jeyes fluid. I've also read else where that it's not chicken friendly. I have always used it in the past for all sorts of things, is it ok to use it diluted to clean my girls coop out, if I air it well after? Thanks, don't want to do them any harm.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Jeyes fluid
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:30 »
I've been using it for 2 years to spray the houses down in between flocks, but I don't use it while I have birds in the houses.  Let it dry for a couple of days before putting your birds back. 

We still use creosote too, but I let any houses dry out and air for 2 weeks at least before using them.  Awkward if you only have one henhouse though.

When washing equipment, I use Vanodine which I buy online and some pet shops sell it.  It is safer for the chooks, they even say you can put a little drop in their water, but I've never done that, just use it as a cleaner and disinfectant.

I also spray jeyes on the runs between flocks too and leave to dry for a couple of days to help kill any nasties that may be in the soil and then garden lime over the ground which is then rotavated in after another day.

I've never had any problems with them.  The only probs I seem to get is pecking with some birds!

we've just bought another new product Sainblanc-D which you can sprinkle over the run, that is supposed to kill loads of things.  Mind you the P&P using our own courier was 26 pounds!!!!  Think I'll stick to Jeyes!!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 10:31 by GrannieAnnie »

andreadon

• My Diary
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 15:10 »
we use jeyes on the house only - all the feeders and drinkers get sone with fairy liquid and boiling hot water. (except when i'm being zealous and then it gets bleach - thoroughly rinsed and dried....)

we dilute it quite a lot - but only how it says on the bottel or animal housing.
and we let it dry before we let them back in (only till the end of the day though - we only have one house)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 19:43 »
My dad always calls this Jesus fluid  ::)
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

xx
RE JEYES FLUID

Started by TRACKS on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post October 14, 2007, 21:24
by richyrich7
xx
Jeyes Fluid

Started by shell on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post July 08, 2009, 22:47
by Foxy
xx
jeyes fluid

Started by flatcap on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 31, 2007, 08:33
by slowef
xx
Jeyes fluid

Started by Madrat on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post August 08, 2011, 11:38
by Tenhens

Page created in 0.457 seconds with 35 queries.