Hello for Neston info needed on onion leek polt prep and cfl lighting

• 2 Replies

Willo77

Hello I am new to here I have been trying to grow large onions and leeks using mammoth plants I get delivered for the last to years not had much luck they have ether gone to seed half way thought the season or hardly any size my plot is next to lilic tree which is robbing all the goodies from the ground so the oct  i am going to move it any one can tell me on how to preping the new plot I am going to use horse  muck and Nurtimate and this year grow from seed  using cfl grow light see if there's any change from the last years crop I did manage to get out of 12 onions 5 at 1 lb 5 and one of them 1 lb 8 ,mammoth leeks to me were like standard leeks no size. my dad used to grow them years ago  and get goos sizes some time to many and end up giving them a way but he pass a way 10 years ago so I can not ask him .any info would be a big help thanks will :)

Motivator

• Experienced Member
    • http://Napit.co.uk
Digging ,Growing ,& the sport of kings.

carrotfaggot

You seem to be doing the right thing as far as ground prep goes but the Mammoth onion doesn't really have the best shape for show work in my opinion.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 16:02 by Aunt Sally »

xx
frozen leek

Started by upert on The Show Bench

4 Replies
Last post August 20, 2013, 15:49
by Totty
xx
Onion Seedling Experiment

Started by david junk on The Show Bench

1 Replies
Last post January 08, 2011, 10:38
by Yorkie
xx
Needed someone to give us a talk

Started by philskin on The Show Bench

4 Replies
Last post November 16, 2010, 14:45
by philskin

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 40 queries.