The things cats do...

• 9 Replies

Casey76

The things cats do...
« on: August 11, 2010, 14:45 »
My kitty cats are driving be batty at the minute...

My boy cat has decided that only fresh meat will do, and has now turned his nose up at 5 brands of wet food and 4 brands of dried food and countless flavour combinations... of course chicken wings are no good, and he will only eat 5% fat minced beef or beef steak... I now buy more meat for him during the week than I do myself (the mince gets mixed with a little lambs liver and beef heart too)

He won't even eat the chicken innards when I'm processing my own chickens, because I prefer to draw them cold rather than warm - and I refuse to let them warm up to room temp again  :mad:

My girl kit has a penchant for destroying paper tissues - the toilet door has to be closed at all times, and woe betide you leave a piece of kitchen roll overhanging the edge of the bench... you will end up picking up little snow flakes of paper for weeks!

Why is is that if you lay your nicely washed and ironed work clothes on the bed, your cats will immediately roll all over them and curl up to go to sleep when they have the rest of the expanse of kingsize bed to do so???

I do love them to bits... but my goodness they do try your patience at times lol!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: The things cats do...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 15:01 »
tell me about it  :nowink:

try your patience?.........more like drive you crazy  :lol:

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 15:22 »
I know the feeling! I have the same with toilet roll as Spike will shred away unless I tuck the end up. Shia loves dirty clothes and I now have to put something on top of the lid to the basket as she learnt to open it and I found her with a pair of my smalls in the garden  :ohmy: :blink: Food wise I spend more on them than me each month and again Shia puss is a nightmare as she will only eat tuna cat food and not tuna flavoured has to be at least 70% real tuna stuff and the two feral kits are also getting picky and will only eat certain biscuits! Arwen is the grumpiest of the grumps at them moment and the only cat that isn't fussy, odd, skitty or grumpy is Caesar and he brings me pressies each day to tread on  ::) :lol:

mobilekat

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 17:20 »
The joys of cats!!

Try and encourage the consumption of cat food though.
At the vets where I used to work, we had a gorgeous Siamese come in who had decided he would only eat steamed chicken breast and tuna.
He ran under a table, banged his back on it and broke his back!- turned out due to his restricted diet he had a very low level of calcium in his bones.
We had in him to nurse for 6 weeks and had hell on eat to get him to eat cat food (eventually he would eat a 50/50 mix of kitten food and tuna)- not helped by his owners bringing him steamed chicken as a treat.- He was only 8 months old at the time! ( I used to work for 'The Bionic Vet')

He luckily did heal, after surgery to stabilise his spine, but I made me realise how important a balanced diet was!- even if the cats wont believe you!
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

raeburg

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 17:32 »
The joys of cats!!

Try and encourage the consumption of cat food though.
At the vets where I used to work, we had a gorgeous Siamese come in who had decided he would only eat steamed chicken breast and tuna.
He ran under a table, banged his back on it and broke his back!- turned out due to his restricted diet he had a very low level of calcium in his bones.
We had in him to nurse for 6 weeks and had hell on eat to get him to eat cat food (eventually he would eat a 50/50 mix of kitten food and tuna)- not helped by his owners bringing him steamed chicken as a treat.- He was only 8 months old at the time! ( I used to work for 'The Bionic Vet')

He luckily did heal, after surgery to stabilise his spine, but I made me realise how important a balanced diet was!- even if the cats wont believe you!

Wow that's some injury.  My kitten will only eat James Wellbeloved kitten food and the older cats love it too, which is unfortunate as oliver has to be on a kidney friendly diet.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 17:35 »
Lucy has decided today that Whiskas fish in jelly pouches are the devils own food, and won't touch them  :ohmy: she walked away with her nose in the air....Tart that she is ;)

They were her favourite food 3 weeks ago :nowink:

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 18:02 »
You can also add SA37 (now called SA50 it would seem when I googled http://www.vetmedsdirect.co.uk/products/SF%252d50-Formally-SA-37-400g.html) vitamin supplement to home made cat food or meats if they are fussy to give the vits and minerals they need.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 19:36 »
can they taste it though Cara?

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 20:10 »
Not when mixed in - mine have never turned their noses up not even fusspot Shia  :) If I try to put their wormer in the food the refuse to eat it so I'm guessing the vit mix either tastes nice or of nothing at all.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 21:00 »

xx
cats one rule for dogs one for cats

Started by traacyken on Pets without Feathers

60 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 22:25
by mumofstig
xx
Who would have cats ?

Started by spottymint on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post April 02, 2013, 08:20
by composthappens
xx
Cats

Started by dookie on Pets without Feathers

84 Replies
Last post December 02, 2009, 00:07
by Paul Plots
xx
Birthing help for cats please!!!

Started by Caralou on Pets without Feathers

468 Replies
Last post May 15, 2010, 00:19
by Val H

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 36 queries.