The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!

• 4196 Replies

Growster...

Re: The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!
« Reply #1980 on: February 07, 2012, 20:57 »
My boss phoned me today, he said; "Is everything okay at the office?"

I said, "Yes, it's all under control. It's been a  very busy day, I haven't stopped."

"Can you do me a favour?" he asked.

I said, "Of course, what is it?"

"Speed it up a little, I'm in the four-ball behind you."

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1981 on: February 07, 2012, 20:59 »
Durring this cold snap, the Goverment has advised the public that when travelling they should take with them;
Jump leads
Warning triangle
basic tools
Spare screen wash
Small snow shovel
24 hrs food supply
Extra warm clothing
Blanket,
Warm drink
Sleeping bag
Tow rope
Spare bulbs
Flash light.

I looked a proper idiot on the train this morning.

:lol: Love it!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #1982 on: February 08, 2012, 23:53 »

I said, "Yes, it's all under control. It's been a  very busy day, I haven't stopped."

OK - I give up.. what's a "four-ball"?
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

plum crumble

« Reply #1983 on: February 08, 2012, 23:54 »
Golf John  - a group of 4 going round together.
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #1984 on: February 09, 2012, 00:12 »
Would have been funnier if I'd known that :)

Reminds me of the time Dad left me in charge of the shop... he got back and said "You've not burned the place down then?" 

"Not quite" I answered as I got round to explaining our delivery van had caught fire in the car park!

Chrysalis

« Reply #1985 on: February 09, 2012, 16:59 »
Would have been funnier if I'd known that :)

Reminds me of the time Dad left me in charge of the shop... he got back and said "You've not burned the place down then?" 

"Not quite" I answered as I got round to explaining our delivery van had caught fire in the car park!

Ouch!  Similar story for me :
I was lent a neighbour's car while he was on holiday.  On picking his family up from the airport his dad joked "you've not pranged it then?"   "Ah, not me," I replied, "- but another neighbour reversed into it!"  Red faces all round :wacko: :ohmy:

conteasy

« Reply #1986 on: February 15, 2012, 21:21 »
So now for a Yorkshire joke . . . 

A Man's beloved wife has died, and he wants a tasteful headstone for her grave.  The funeral director arranges for him to see a local stonemason.  At the mason's yard, the man is shown a selection of quality stones, and chooses a beautiful granite slab.  The stonemason asks what inscription the husband would like carving on it?  He thinks for a while, then says  "She was a very religious woman, she was close to God.  I would like you to put "She was Thine". 
   "Leave it with me sir" says the mason, "I will let you know when it's done".  A week later the widower gets a call to say his wife's headstone is ready.  He goes to the stonemasons yard and sees the headstone all beautifully polished and inscribed, but it doesn't look quite right. He realises it says "She was Thin".  The mason asks what he thinks?  "I'm impressed" says the man, it's very smart but there's just one problem - you've left the "e" off.
   "I'm very sorry sir" says the craftsman, "I'll put that right for you".  A few days later the man gets a message to say the headstone is now completed.  He goes round to the masons yard again and there is his wife's headstone gleaming in the morning sun  It now reads:
"Eee She was Thin"!

snowdrops

« Reply #1987 on: February 15, 2012, 21:27 »
So now for a Yorkshire joke . . . 

A Man's beloved wife has died, and he wants a tasteful headstone for her grave.  The funeral director arranges for him to see a local stonemason.  At the mason's yard, the man is shown a selection of quality stones, and chooses a beautiful granite slab.  The stonemason asks what inscription the husband would like carving on it?  He thinks for a while, then says  "She was a very religious woman, she was close to God.  I would like you to put "She was Thine". 
   "Leave it with me sir" says the mason, "I will let you know when it's done".  A week later the widower gets a call to say his wife's headstone is ready.  He goes to the stonemasons yard and sees the headstone all beautifully polished and inscribed, but it doesn't look quite right. He realises it says "She was Thin".  The mason asks what he thinks?  "I'm impressed" says the man, it's very smart but there's just one problem - you've left the "e" off.
   "I'm very sorry sir" says the craftsman, "I'll put that right for you".  A few days later the man gets a message to say the headstone is now completed.  He goes round to the masons yard again and there is his wife's headstone gleaming in the morning sun  It now reads:
"Eee She was Thin"!

:lol: :lol: :lol: My non Yorkshire husband didn't think it funny though.Mind you he can't spell either.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

A. Fallowfield

« Reply #1988 on: February 16, 2012, 12:46 »
One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he
asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money
from you; I'm doing community service this week.' The florist was
pleased and left the shop. When the barber went to open his shop the
next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for
him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill,
the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing
community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop. The
next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you'
card and a dozen doughnuts waiting for him at his door.

Then an MP came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the
barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing
community service this week.' The MP was very happy and left the shop.
The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen
MPs lined up waiting for a free haircut. ;)

savbo

« Reply #1989 on: February 17, 2012, 10:06 »

reminds me of an old mate (sadly no longer with us) who had a really high pressure sales job...but one day phoned in saying he was stuck in traffic on the M6 and wouldn't make it to the office....from the summit of Snowdon

:)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #1990 on: February 20, 2012, 20:14 »
A female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.

So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site.

She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, she approached him for an interview.

"Pardon me, sir, I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. What's your name?

"Morris Feinberg," he replied.

"Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"

"For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims."

"I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop.."

"I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults and to love their fellow man."

"I pray that politicians tell us the truth and put the interests of the people ahead of their own interests."

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a wall."

Chrysalis

« Reply #1991 on: February 20, 2012, 21:48 »
                    True Reports from British life .........!!!

BRITISH NEWSPAPERS

Commenting on a complaint from a Mr. Arthur Purdey about a large gas bill, a spokesman for North West Gas said, 'We agree it was rather high for the time of year. It's possible Mr. Purdey has been charged for the gas used up during the explosion that destroyed his house.'
(The Daily Telegraph)

Irish police are being handicapped in a search for a stolen van, because they cannot issue a description. It's a Special Branch vehicle and they don't want the public to know what it looks like.
(The Guardian)

A young girl who was blown out to sea on a set of inflatable teeth was rescued by a man on an inflatable lobster. A coast guard spokesman commented, 'This sort of thing is all too common'.
(The Times)

Oh, really???

At the height of the gale, the harbourmaster radioed a coast guard and asked him to estimate the wind speed. He replied he was sorry, but he didn't have a gauge. However, if it was any help, the wind had just blown his Land Rover off the cliff.
( Aberdeen Evening Express)

lacewing

« Reply #1992 on: February 20, 2012, 22:25 »
A female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.

So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site.

She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, she approached him for an interview.

"For about 60 years."

"I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults and to love their fellow man."

"I pray that politicians tell us the truth and put the interests of the people ahead of their own interests."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no better show of antisipation than a man sowing seeds in a field.

dugless

« Reply #1993 on: February 22, 2012, 08:01 »

"For about 60 years."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aint that the truth
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

Growster...

« Reply #1994 on: February 25, 2012, 06:52 »
My chum, Quentin ffoxley-Cabbage was discussing the attributes of his new car to anyone who bothered to listen.

'Q' is a great chap, well liked, and with a ready smile and wink to all and sundry, as well as a stash of large denomination notes in a cavernous wallet, which he opens more than often to buy rounds of drinks for those who care to join him.

All in all, like Damon Runyon's immortal character, Feet Samuels, 'Q' is a very honourable guy.

The latest story went like this...

'Q' was driving to a new site, which is way out in the sticks, and is reached via a series of country lanes. He was driving his new Ferrari, and had not a care in the world, until there was a sort of splutter from the bonnet of the car, and it sighed, stopped and coasted to a halt in a layby.

'Q' said 'b****r' under his breath, then on top of it as well for good measure.

He got out of his car and gingerly lifted the bonnet. All he could see was a myriad of pipes, wires, gleaming steel bits, something red, and not much else. As he was staring blankly at the engine, wondering what to do next, he thought he heard a voice say 'red electric capping loose'!

Looking both ways he saw nobody, and heard nothing. The voice repeated the words 'red electric capping loose'. Again, 'Q' looked all round and saw nothing moving, except for a couple of old horses munching their way across the field nearby. One was watching him closely.

So 'Q', in desperation, nudged the red item in the engine, and sure enough, it moved slightly! He quickly realised that it needed a twist of some sorts, and sure enough, it tightened up immediately, which is something Ferrari are always proud of, especially where certain parts of the body are concerned, but we won't go there for the time being...

'Q' took one last glance around, and seeing nothing except the old nags in the field, he got in, started his car, and drove off.

In the next village, he realised he needed a short tincture to alleviate the pangs of pain at the thought of having a broken car which had been mended by unusual circumstances, and which was now running as it should, so he stopped off at 'The Haywain', to take on supplies.

The bar was occupied by a few local worthies as is usual, and the chat was all about nothing in particular, so 'Q', in his usual generous way, offered them a drink while he started to tell them why he was there. Of course, they all listened, especially when they started on the various pints 'Q' had bought them, and it seemed a good time to listen to a story from someone with a big red car and a big wallet as well.

'Q' explained how his car had ground to a halt, and with a guilty smile on his face, kept them aghast about the 'voice' which told him to check the red capping piece.

The bar went quiet, as the assembled worthies digested this information, and one old boy in the corner piped up and said, "Were there two horses in the field where you stopped"?

'Q', of course, admitted that there were indeed two old chaps wandering round eating grass and one had been looking at him.

The old boy then said, "Was there a grey horse and a brown one in the field"?

'Q' agreed there were two horses, and one was brown; the other grey.

The old boy then said, "Which one was looking at you then"?

'Q' thought for a moment, and recalled that it was indeed the grey one which was peering at him, so he told the old boy.

The old chap then let out a huge snort and a bellow of laughter, and said, "I thought as much; it's just as well the brown one didn't see you, because he knows b****r all about cars..."!

xx
give us our daily bread

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post March 13, 2022, 09:54
by lettice
xx
Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 19:23
by Christine
xx
laugh or cry .... you decide.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

45 Replies
Last post January 16, 2019, 13:26
by Goosegirl
xx
A funny mis-read.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 03, 2023, 17:44
by wighty

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 56 queries.