Amazing unwanted visitor!!

• 5 Replies

jinty1911

Amazing unwanted visitor!!
« on: June 04, 2011, 10:18 »
As soon as I came home from work yesterday, one of my neighbours started shouting that there was an Eagle in another neighbours garden!!  Sure enough there was an enourmous Bird of Prey sitting on a washing line.  Don't have a clue what it was but it was a very big boy/girl.  The crows started mobbing it and after about 10 minutes it flew off towards the woods with the crows in hot persuit.  It had straps on it's legs so had escaped from somewhere.  I phoned police and nearest Falconery but they didn't know anything about it.  My girls were terrified and stayed hiding under a bush for an hour after it had gone.  :ohmy:

JaK

• Happy half plot.
Re: Amazing unwanted visitor!!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 11:26 »
 :ohmy: I hope it's owner finds it again.

jinty1911

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 17:55 »
I phoned the Falconery place again yesterday to see if they had heard anything but no joy.  Have since been told it was some kind of Hawk.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 18:07 »
We had a gamekeeper a few years back when new to the area, who decided to exercise his birds (still not sure what kind of raptor) over the land behind our house.

Our girls were terrified as you have reported, but I managed to get them into their run to safety. When the guy came over to collect his bird which was by now sitting on the roof of our house transfixed by the girls, I asked him if he had permission to fly his birds here. Oh yes, came the reply. From whom, says I. Err, Errr, er I don't know his name, my mate Bob asked him.

Wrong answer in the case of this farm!  >:( The guy is an occasional customer where I work, he knows to be nice to me........  :dry:
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

evie2

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 18:57 »
We have our fair share of visiting raptors but usually when the hens are still locked up, today however we thought one was visiting mid morning there was such a commotion outside.  The commotion lasted about 20mins, the cause, a Heron getting too close to the conifers.  The crows and magpies were going mad, diving and swooping, the hens were under a bush and the chicks were under Star, still in the enclosed run.  It looked like something out of Jurassic park  ::)
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

jinty1911

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 19:00 »
This visitor could have easily taken 1 of my wee Banties.  It was much bigger than even the seagulls round here.  Quite worrying but assume it's found it's way home.  :unsure:

xx
Night-time visitor

Started by auntielizzie on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post March 23, 2011, 23:17
by hillfooter
xx
Unwanted cockerels - where to take them?

Started by dcvh007 on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post August 05, 2015, 08:07
by New shoot
xx
Aren't they amazing?

Started by Anndee on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post October 12, 2011, 11:46
by Anndee
smiley
Amazing Black egg!

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Chicken Chat

16 Replies
Last post April 02, 2011, 00:08
by Pol

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 38 queries.