Meat mincer help

• 5 Replies

Beetroot queen

Meat mincer help
« on: January 03, 2009, 11:24 »
I want to buy a mincer, I remember my nan having a great one that we spent hours using and playing with in my younger years but I have been looking at hundreds and most come with stinking reviews. :shock:  

Does anyone have one that doesnt go rusty, fall apart, not work etc etc after the first use LOL

Thanks guys  :)

Val H

• Head Cook and Bottle Washer
    • Recipes
Meat mincer help
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 11:35 »
We've one that is probably as old as the one that you played with as a child! It doesn't get used very often though, is quite heavy but extremely durable and doesn't rust (made to last in those days). Have a look around Freecycle - you never know. I have, however, been thinking that you have put a curse on me! Not only has the peel risen to the top in the Clementine Marmalade I've made, but it is also not setting! Tip out, add more pectin and probably more sugar, re- heat, re-wash and sterilise jars time me thinks. Have you got enough powdered pectin now? It's still easy to get around here but I didn't get the chance before x-mas.
Val
Recipes Galore!

Beetroot queen

Meat mincer help
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 11:58 »
Quote from: "Val H"
We've one that is probably as old as the one that you played with as a child! It doesn't get used very often though, is quite heavy but extremely durable and doesn't rust (made to last in those days). Have a look around Freecycle - you never know. I have, however, been thinking that you have put a curse on me! Not only has the peel risen to the top in the Clementine Marmalade I've made, but it is also not setting! Tip out, add more pectin and probably more sugar, re- heat, re-wash and sterilise jars time me thinks. Have you got enough powdered pectin now? It's still easy to get around here but I didn't get the chance before x-mas.

Yep I have some but I am always looking just incase I happen to find a source locally, someone got me a preserving pan for Christmas which is why I have been awol lately, I also have a new chutney cupboard hehe.

I have gone a bit mad and lets say meals are planned around what goes with chutney  :oops: I did make a stunning apple and rosemary jelly which is to die for  :D

lefrog

• Experienced Member
Meat mincer help
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 12:00 »
I have 2 of those ( 1 at work, I am a chef and 1 at home), they are simple, relatively cheap and built to last.

manual meat mincer

regarding the rusting problem, wipe the blade and discs with a bit of oil when clean and dry, it should solve the problem.
"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black"
Henry Ford

Beetroot queen

Meat mincer help
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 12:07 »
Quote from: "lefrog"
I have 2 of those ( 1 at work, I am a chef and 1 at home), they are simple, relatively cheap and built to last.

manual meat mincer

regarding the rusting problem, wipe the blade and discs with a bit of oil when clean and dry, it should solve the problem.

Brilliant thats just like what I wanted  :D roll on the meat  :lol:

Val H

• Head Cook and Bottle Washer
    • Recipes
Meat mincer help
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 12:26 »
That's just like the one we've got.

xx
Mincer/Sausage maker.

Started by poultrygeist on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

14 Replies
Last post February 17, 2009, 09:32
by poultrygeist
xx
MEAT

Started by muntjac on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

10 Replies
Last post November 09, 2007, 20:51
by gobs
xx
help please all you meat cooks

Started by Madame Cholet on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

15 Replies
Last post February 19, 2013, 20:11
by Madame Cholet
xx
Smoking meat for Mrs Bee

Started by dim on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post August 24, 2013, 14:24
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 36 queries.