No Mercy - really horrible

• 1 Replies

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
« on: September 05, 2007, 06:31 »
I saw a side to chickens that is really horrible.  

I have a pair of hens who mother 1 chick between them and they are a pain with it terrorising all the others.  My dear little Polish who is the sweatest of chicks and so hand tame was chased by them and attacked in a frenzy which would have killed it had I not stepped in.  I was so angry I called a chap to come and take them asap as I don't want hens that are so mean anywhere near me.

I have several Buffs and my others are placid and kind even my fave buff who is on eggs never pecks me when I go there to see how she is progressing, unlike other broodys I have who will give a powerful peck to warn you off, why are these so evil :?

Gloria

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:00 »
sorry your littlun's had a hard time slowef.
We got three ex-battery girls on Saturday and the response from our five other girls (not ex-battery) has been ferocious. The worst offender is the one who had the hardest time from the others when she was a new girl :roll: My kids said you'd think she'd have some sympathy :!: but it don't seem to to work that way :!: I guess she's just making clear her place in the pack and as the one at the bottom of the pecking order she wants to make the new girls know that she's above them. Perhaps it's something similar with yours. I don't think they're evil but I do think it's hard to witness animals sorting things out their way. I have been trying to encourage sisterly love....it doesn't work :!:  :!:  :roll:

xx
Chicken poo - horrible subject

Started by Rebecca82 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 05, 2007, 08:19
by muntjac
xx
help silkies feet look horrible and limping

Started by silverteen on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post October 02, 2012, 21:22
by Elvira

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 28 queries.